ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General WP - Clarification

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guruprasadr
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General WP - Clarification

Post by guruprasadr » Mon May 22, 2017 7:56 am

Hi,

We received approval for Tier 2 General Sponsorship, we are in process of hiring Tier 2 general candidate. Did RMLT.

Clarification: Once assign a new COS in Tier 2 general for hiring candidate will get any stamp in his/her passport by UK home office.

Or only BRP card and new CoS is sufficient for new employer. How effective date will be captured here.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General WP - Clarification

Post by CR001 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:15 am

The person you are employing has to apply for a visa. They need the CoS to do this. They are two separate processes.

What the employee get a depends where they apply for their visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guruprasadr
Newly Registered

Post by guruprasadr » Mon May 22, 2017 8:19 am

Employing person in UK, still person need to apply for visa stamping. If person outside UK, we can apply visa using CoS. How about person in UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:25 am

They need to apply for a visa. The CoS allows them to do this. A CoS is not a visa. The applicant must also meet all the standard requirements including maintenance and have a valid visa, I e not an overstayed as a foreign national.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guruprasadr
Newly Registered

Post by guruprasadr » Mon May 22, 2017 8:37 am

To apply visa, person need to be in home country or Switching visa will be issued while in UK by UK home office. Is there any guideline or link to refer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:39 am

It depwnda what their current visa atatus is on whether they can apply in the UK.

Unless you state the circumstances and details, this will become a long single question posts topic before you get any useful help.

Did you do any reading up f this visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

guruprasadr
Newly Registered

Post by guruprasadr » Mon May 22, 2017 8:45 am

We have real situation, we hired a person in UK. We want to know whether he need to go for visa stamping with new CoS outside UK. He already spent 3 years in Tier 2 General with other employer.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon May 22, 2017 9:17 am

He can switch within uk
you need to carry out rlmt.
you need to issue a cos
He needs to apply for visa, pay all the visa fees etc.
once the visa is approved, he will get a new BRP (visa card), then he can commence work with u

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:11 am

guruprasadr wrote:We have real situation, we hired a person in UK. We want to know whether he need to go for visa stamping with new CoS outside UK. He already spent 3 years in Tier 2 General with other employer.
I really hope for his sake he is not already working for you and that you have completed the RLMT fully before offering him the job and assuming he still has a valid visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aforadi
Newly Registered

Post by aforadi » Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 am

guruprasadr wrote:We have real situation, we hired a person in UK. We want to know whether he need to go for visa stamping with new CoS outside UK. He already spent 3 years in Tier 2 General with other employer.
Take the help of a Solicitor if you are unsure about anything or if you find online guidance not sufficient for yourselves.
Thanks