ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - nearly 12 weeks - what's the next step?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pklaire
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa - nearly 12 weeks - what's the next step?

Post by Pklaire » Fri May 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Not so much of an update but....

My wifes friend recieved their visa today so it give me hope that the home office are doing their job albeit slowly.

I believe they completed the standard enquiry form and was told the passport was dispatched. They were not notified by the home office which is worrying. It may be best for members to complete the form again and see if they get an update.

I have completed the form again in hope as we did send both applications at the same time.

Will keep u updated of the result.

tarunmsn1980
Newly Registered

Post by tarunmsn1980 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:55 pm

@PKLaire - Thank you very much for your updates.

Looks like the HO will not respond to our queries until we approach them through a solicitor or law firm.
As on 20th May (i.e Yesterday) I had completed 22 weeks. At present I don't have any lawyer/solicitor. Should i wait another 2 weeks (i.e which completes 24 weeks) or shall i contact any Solicitor to proceed?
Also recently, couple of times I have requested for my application status but they are not responding at all. I used to contact them through website : https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com. is this right one ?

If it is possible could you please share the email/letter format what your friend's solicitor sent to HO?
And also the Home Office address where we need to send the letter. I am planning to write a letter to HO before I engage a lawyer.

Kanwaljit Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Kanwaljit Singh » Mon May 22, 2017 7:39 am

Hi Mohit,

We have received visa approval on 19
May 2017.

I wish you luck with your application.

Thanks
Kanwaljit Singh

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Mon May 22, 2017 9:41 am

Kanwaljit Singh wrote:Hi Mohit,

May 2017.

Thanks
Kanwaljit Singh
Kanwal - Thanks a lot for the update - I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
Did they inform you when it went over the threshold of 60 working days? did UKVI contact you and tell you the reason it has gone over 60 days and why?
Mohit

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Mon May 22, 2017 9:57 am

Kanwaljit Singh wrote:Hi Mohit,
May 2017.
Thanks
Kanwaljit Singh
Sorry Kanwal - not sure if you get notification of my previous reply because it was an edit.

Quick question: Did UKCI inform you when it went over the threshold of 60 working days? Did UKVI contact you and tell you the reason it has gone over 60 days and why?

Mohit

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:30 pm

singhmohit wrote:We applied (Spouse Settlement Visa) for my wife in VAC Delhi under non-priority (biggest mistake in hindsight - should have paid 500 quid extra and saved myself all pain) on 21st Feb 2017 and we are still waiting a decision.

I returned to London on 27th Feb and its been nearly 2.5 months we "newly married" are living in different countries - not happy as you can imagine. Anyhow, to cut a long story short - it's coming close to been 12 weeks and over 60 working days.

What should be our next port of call:
1. Call UKVI and ask them to escalate? - I've called them a 4/5 times and I've not seen any department so misinformed - they know nothing less than nothing!
2. Seek support from local MP - none available because of dissolved parliament.
3. What do sr members and veterans suggest should be my next action?

Any support or direction will be helpful
Hi Mohit
We are in exactly same situation as u, have u received any email from HO yet since applied??

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 23, 2017 9:56 am

bittu11 wrote:Hi Mohit We are in exactly same situation as u, have u received any email from HO yet since applied??
Na Bittu ..... we are still waiting to hear back... I keep calling the UKVI's HGS call center but since yesterday either (1) it comes back with a busy tone or (2) if I do connect through to them, they say their systems' are down and can't provide any update....
In short we are still in dark .... very dark!

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 23, 2017 10:30 am

In terms of the possible next steps; here's a crazy thought:

Can I go knocking on the door of UKVI Offices in Sheffield? (Desperate times and all that...)

Probably sounds like a stupid idea, but they have failed on point 4 & 5 of the UKVI Customer Charter:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 140530.pdf

I am hoping that if I turn up at Sheffield's office with (1) Print out of UKVI Customer Charter above and (2) Letter of authority from my wife (who has been waiting for 13 weeks now for her 'Settlement-Wife' visa in India) - they should provide us some update on our application?

Thoughts?

Pklaire
Newly Registered

Post by Pklaire » Tue May 23, 2017 12:50 pm

I have had a response back from the ukvi who have told me that the case is in the final stages of processing and a decision will be made soon.

Not sure what my lawyer did but she did say she called them who told her there was a delay in their systems (didnt go into detail).

Im just glad they responded back to my escalation which i advise you all do to.

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Wed May 24, 2017 8:33 am

Did you recived any reply to your case

i am also waiting for mine i applied in March still no reply

singhmohit wrote:We applied (Spouse Settlement Visa) for my wife in VAC Delhi under non-priority (biggest mistake in hindsight - should have paid 500 quid extra and saved myself all pain) on 21st Feb 2017 and we are still waiting a decision.

I returned to London on 27th Feb and its been nearly 2.5 months we "newly married" are living in different countries - not happy as you can imagine. Anyhow, to cut a long story short - it's coming close to been 12 weeks and over 60 working days.

What should be our next port of call:
1. Call UKVI and ask them to escalate? - I've called them a 4/5 times and I've not seen any department so misinformed - they know nothing less than nothing!
2. Seek support from local MP - none available because of dissolved parliament.
3. What do sr members and veterans suggest should be my next action?

Any support or direction will be helpful

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Thu May 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Miss UK wrote:Did you recived any reply to your case

i am also waiting for mine i applied in March still no reply
Yes - we have received a positive result two days ago...

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Thu May 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Took over 12 weeks and almost 3 months for us to get a decision but glad it came through, here’s our timeline:
Date of Biometrics: 21-Feb-2017
Application under process at British High Commission on: 22-Feb-2017
Date of Supporting Documents “received” in Sheffield: 28-Feb-2017
Sponsor contacted by UKVI: UKVI did not contact me (Husband, the sponsor) at all in our case.
Status check timeline:
  • Status Update check: Phoned UKVI on 17th Mar, Response: "No Update, please call back by the end of April"
  • Status Update check: Emailed UKVI on 28th Mar, Response: "Application is yet to be assessed by an ECO"
  • Status Update check: Phoned UKVI on 02nd May, Response: "There is no update, call back on 16th May if we don’t have an update then we will escalate"
  • Status Update check: Phoned UKVI on 09th May, Response: “Sending email for escalation as it has been over 12 weeks” (In retrospect and in all fairness this step was a mistake on the agent’s part as on 09th May it hadn’t been over 12 weeks)
  • Status Update check: Phoned UKVI on 12th May, NO Response – Agent answered and then hung up
  • Status Update check: Phoned UKVI on 14th May, Response “Previous agent shouldn’t have escalated as it is still under 12 weeks – wait for another week and call back”
  • Status Update check: Phoned UKVI on 18th May, NO Response – Agent answered and then hung up
  • Status Update check: Phoned UKVI on 19th and 22nd May, NO Response – Agent answered and then hung up
  • Status Update check: Phoned UKVI on 23rd May, NO Response – All lines to the premium number busy – when answered by agent response was “Our systems are down please call back after an hour”
    At this point we gave up the hope and then……….
Contacted for Collection: Email received on 23rd May – “Decision made please collect your passport” :lol: :D :)
Collection made: 23rd May
Decision of Application: 17th May
Visa granted for one month: 25th May to 24th June
Total Time Taken:
  • Weeks: Just over 13 weeks
  • Calendar Days: 92 days
  • Working Days: 63 days (excluding UK bank holidays)
Good luck to everyone else waiting and Many thanks to all the users of the forum.

PS: One word of advice – no point calling UKVI’s premium number and paying £1.37/min – they are a useless bunch so don’t waste your money, you’ll be none the wiser.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Congratulations 'singhmohit' and now that you have had success since starting your topic, it will be locked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.