ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application Dubai

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qnaz
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Application Dubai

Post by qnaz » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:08 am

Hello everyone,
I would be really grateful for some advice.
My husband is a Pakistani residing in Dubai and wants to apply for a Spouse visa from Dubai. I am a Pakistani, settled (got my ILR in November 2016) and working in UK. We got married in March 2016 in Dubai.
I have a couple of questions:
1) I understand my husband needs to submit his own documents,passport &application at VFS Dubai but I want to know where do I need to submit my documents(p60, payslips,bank statements,employer letter,passport,BRP)- at VFS Dubai or at Sheffield, UK?
This question cropped up in my mind after I saw that people applying from Pakistan need to submit all evidence directly to Sheffield by post. Is the same procedure applicable for people applying from Dubai as well?

2) I was on a Tier 2 General visa until I got my ILR in November 2016. I read the following on the UK visa website.
"Your partner originally had a temporary visa as a worker
If your partner was in the UK on a temporary visa before settling or becoming a British citizen, you may have to apply as a ‘dependant’ (partner) in their original visa category.
Find out how to apply as a ‘dependant’ (partner or child under 18) if your partner or parent settled as someone with a:
Tier 1 (General) visa
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa
Tier 1 (Investor) visa
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa
Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa
Tier 2 (General) skilled worker visa
Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa
Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa
Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – International Agreement) visa"

Does this mean my husband can't apply for a spouse visa and has to apply for a Tier2 Dependant visa? If yes, then with regards to him being able to work in the UK, is there any difference in both the visas?

3) Our original marriage certificate was in Arabic, got it legally translated to English, then attested by Ministry of Justice Dubai and Ministry of Foreign affairs Dubai. Does it need anymore attestation like either from British Embassy UAE as it needs to be submitted for UK Visa? Or further attestation from Pakistan Embassy in Dubai as we are both Pakistani nationals?

I would be really grateful for your help.

qnaz
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Application Dubai

Post by qnaz » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:19 am

Also I forgot to write another question
4) I am currently pregnant with our first child. EDD mid August 2017.
Best time to apply for spouse visa in our case?
Bearing in mind my last full payslip will be July 2017 and Maternity pay will commence in August 2017 for at least 6 months.
4a)If we apply before maternity starts, I fulfil Category A of Financial requirement.
Once Maternity pay starts I don't really understand what category we fit into?

4b)Also he wants to be here with me at the time of delivery in August as I am all alone here. However, he has already got a 5 year visit visa valid till April 2018.
--- Will it cause problems in future Spouse visa applications if he stays for say 2 months on this current visit visa with me in UK during and after childbirth (August-September 2017)?
4c) I become eligible to apply for citizenship in Nov 2017, hence I have decided I shall travel back to Dubai during my maternity leave (as all my family is in Dubai) only after applying for it visa NCS.
---If we decide to apply for his spouse visa in Nov 2017, once I reach Dubai, will it cause any problems a) as my citizenship application will be in progress b) I will be on Maternity pay so really don't know how will I fulfill financial requirements?

Alos
Newly Registered

Post by Alos » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:34 am

I have been living and working in Abu Dhabi UAE for a long time and my daughter in law has just submitted a spouse visa application in the Visa Application Centre in Abu Dhabi just last Sunday 26th of March 2017.

I can definitely answer your first question through experience but will leave your other questions for the experts in this helpful board who answer almost all questions with correct answers and thankfully for FREE.

Your husband will need to make an appointment in the VFS Dubai. When he attends the centre they will collect the printout of the online application that he submitted online and the appendix 2 - the financial requirement form which he has to fill manually and all other supporting documents including the pay slips, bank statements, accommodation evidence, communication proof etc....

They will then take the biometrics- finger prints, photo etc.
It does not depend on his nationality. All the residents of the UAE will submit all their documents to the VFS centre. They don't even need a TB certificate in the UAE.
They will give him an option for priority service for an extra payment of 2160 UAE dhs on top of the application fee and NHS surcharge which he would have to pay online before submitting the application. If he opts for the priority service the will tell him he will have a decision on the application within 14 working days. Other wise they will tell him they will conclude his application with 60 working days.

We opted for the priority and I will update the board if they have actually processed her application within 14 working days.

qnaz
Newly Registered

Post by qnaz » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:41 am

Dear Alos,
Many thanks for such a prompt reply.

I would be grateful if you update us regarding the priority service processing time once the visa is granted :)

One more question- Did your daughter in law submit original greeting cards, letters, etc or just their copies?

Many thanks once again.

Good Luck !

Alos
Newly Registered

Post by Alos » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:24 am

She has submitted copies. She printed all the photo, Skype screen shots , WhatsApp messages all in A4 letter printouts but you can submit the originals if you wish. They will ask him in the visa centre for the original documents he is submitting which he wants to be returned to him. They will then put those in a special pouch and put the rest in another envelope and submit all to the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi. They will return him the originals after the application is processed.

She has submitted the marriage certificate in its original Arabic version as issued by the Dubai Court with a legal translation into English and the ministry of foreign affairs attestation stamp.
He will need to have a copy of every original document that he wants to be returned to him.

qnaz
Newly Registered

Post by qnaz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Thank you very much Alos for all your help.

Any expert to answer the rest of my questions? Casa?

basit240
Newly Registered

Post by basit240 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi Alos did you got the visa and just wanted to know the timelines.

Have you received email that you visa is in process? I have submitted by application on 4th May and have not got any email from embassy regards to process. I have applied under priority service as well.

fahadrashid001
Newly Registered

Post by fahadrashid001 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:09 pm

@basit240 still you have not get any reply from embassy?

basit240
Newly Registered

Post by basit240 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Today i called on UKIV number for UAE and they said Decision has been made but no clue what decision it is.

qnazzz
Newly Registered

Post by qnazzz » Mon May 15, 2017 12:36 am

Hi basit420,

I have 2 questions:

1) Did you submit marriage photos printed on photographic paper or just regular A4 sheets?
Our marriage pics are in printed in an album and can't be removed, so we will have to print them from the ones stored on the hard disk.

2) We got married in Dubai. Our original marriage certificate was in Arabic, got it legally translated to English, then attested by Ministry of Justice Dubai and Ministry of Foreign affairs Dubai.
Does it need anymore attestation like either from British Embassy UAE as it needs to be submitted for UK Visa? Or further attestation from Pakistan Embassy in Dubai as we are both Pakistani nationals?

Moderators please help if you are aware of the answers.

Alos and Basit420 please let us know the outcome of your applications. It would be really helpful to know the processing times for priority applications from Dubai.

Thanks.

P.S: Moderators I have had to make a new id as I couldn't log in or request new password despite multiple attempts. I am a genuine user, just someone who forgot their password.

basit240
Newly Registered

Post by basit240 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:44 am

I have actually provide marriage certificate from Pakistan Nadra, which has credentials in English and it was attested by UAE embassy. Pictures were all given in printed format on word page. My wife actually lived with me in UAE. She and my Son both were having UAE resident visa under my name. These are all relation proofs I have submitted. I check again today from UKIV people and they said decision was made on Friday but don't know why its taken time to send one email for decision made. they said its under administrative duty and accordingly they will inform. MY case was not through financial route, my was actually exempt from financial requirement. She is actually getting carer, child tax, DLA and housing and my son is under critical condition. He has life threatening disease, which is clearly explain in letters and application form.

qnazzz
Newly Registered

Post by qnazzz » Tue May 16, 2017 2:33 am

Thank you very much Basit for your reply.

I am sure you will get the visa soon.

So the pictures were printed on plain A4 paper?

basit240
Newly Registered

Post by basit240 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:31 am

That's right. If your passport is having UAE visa under Husband name, please attached that as well.Skype , watsapp any vacations together (tickets copy). I believe this is enough.

qnazzz
Newly Registered

Post by qnazzz » Mon May 22, 2017 11:21 pm

What is the update with you Basit?

basit240
Newly Registered

Post by basit240 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:16 am

Yesterday I got the visa Alhamdulilah.
total 12 working days.
4th May done bio metric & document submission.
No email came for decision
Inquired on 13th and UKIV call center said decision made.
21st Case escalated
22nd Collected passport with VISA. starting 17th May 2017 to 2020

qnazzz
Newly Registered

Post by qnazzz » Wed May 24, 2017 4:56 am

Mabrook Basit !

Very happy for you.
I hope it goes the same way for us.
Do remember us in your prayers.

Ardi888
Newly Registered

Post by Ardi888 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 am

Hi

My wife has applied for UK spouse visa on 19th June 2017 through UK visa centre in Dubai and submitted all the application and evidence. Biometric has been done on the day.
I have tried to get some update on the application yesterday and the reply was:
In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval.
Has anyone had a same response?

Thanks

Saralynes
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Saralynes » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 am

Hi Basit,

Congratulations on your visa and I hope you're enjoying being there. May I ask you how did you apply if your wife was living with you in the UAE I know that it is required to have earn 18600 GBP per year to be eligible, or did you do it by savings? Did you apply through a lawyer or just by yourself? And is it better than living in UAE?

I'm British but I never lived in the U.K and my husband is Egyptian. We are planning to move to the UK but It is a bit scary to start over again and leave the UAE :roll:

Regards,
Sara

hamzaa9
Newly Registered

Post by hamzaa9 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Dear all,
I have also applied for spouse visa online application submitted on 14th August and documents submitted on 28th August in Dubai center. Now just have to wait hopefully they will reply soon.

By reading the posts above i have a question!
I got married in Pakistan and provided my URDU & English version of Nikkah nama along Computerized Marriage Certificate but did not get it attested from UAE Embassy. Will that be OK?
:(

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Dear Member who applied in Dubai / Abu Dhabi VFS

Did you get help from any agent or immigrant solicitor for this type of visa ?

If yes can you please advice who can be trusted - or if this requirements are easy that no need for any external help

And

Some of you applied premium service for fast results - is this was per application or one for spouse along with children

However we need to know the time period of the normal without this additional cost from the people who applied in UAE

Thank you all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Waleed01 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:20 pm
Dear Member who applied in Dubai / Abu Dhabi VFS

Did you get help from any agent or immigrant solicitor for this type of visa ?

If yes can you please advice who can be trusted
- or if this requirements are easy that no need for any external help

And

Some of you applied premium service for fast results - is this was per application or one for spouse along with children

However we need to know the time period of the normal without this additional cost from the people who applied in UAE

Thank you all
Members are NOT permitted to name any persons or companies that are lawyers or advisors.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Dear

Totally apologize and I am obeying the site rules and terms ...

I just need to get an idea if this type of application need assistant from agent or solicitors or normal person can do by his own
and the premium fees was per application or wife and children as one fees only

Thank you and extremely sorry

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Waleed01 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 pm
Dear

Totally apologize and I am obeying the site rules and terms ...

I just need to get an idea if this type of application need assistant from agent or solicitors or normal person can do by his own
and the premium fees was per application or wife and children as one fees only

Thank you and extremely sorry
Most members do the applications themselves. It is not 'premium' service from abroad. It is 'priority' service and there is no guarantee that it will be processed quicker. Many priority applicants are still waiting more than 60 to 90 days for their visas to be processed. Each applicant must pay a fee, visa fee and IHS fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Waleed01
Newly Registered

Post by Waleed01 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Thank you dear

This valuable information -

because one solicitor is asking 1500 pounds just to prepare and confirm all the documents are correct and might attend with us in the VFS center (however I don't know if he will be allowed)

Maybe I can get help from member of their application was passed on how they prepared their own application and made it in proper successful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:20 pm

Waleed01 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:18 pm
Thank you dear

This valuable information -

because one solicitor is asking 1500 pounds just to prepare and confirm all the documents are correct and might attend with us in the VFS center (however I don't know if he will be allowed)

Maybe I can get help from member of their application was passed on how they prepared their own application and made it in proper successful.
If you start your own topic with your questions, members can help you. It is not fair to the poster of this topic for you to tag your questions on, it is considered rude and creates confusion, so better to post your own questions in your own topic.

You can continue asking questions in your previous topic, link below.

immigration-for-family-members/british- ... l#p1404562
Char (CR001 not Casa)