ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Precedent against EU1 Residency Requirement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rk20
Newly Registered

Precedent against EU1 Residency Requirement

Post by rk20 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi everybody,
I am new to this forum and would like to know if anybody has gone for the precedent against EU 1 Residency Requirement in Another Member State? I have been refused residency aswell after I couldnt fullfill the condition. I have the confirmation letter from Brussells saying I do not require to have Proof of residence in another EU country and deserve to get 5 year Stamp 4.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:01 am

What is your family relationship to the EU citizen?

Have you travelled together with your EU family member to another member state? If so, then you have been resident in another EU county http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/06 ... -question/

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:13 pm

We had filed a case against DOJ along with a few others. They settled with us in an out-of court settlement sometime in December. We had not lived in another E.U country together before.

sms82
Newly Registered

Post by sms82 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:50 pm

Ireland is breaking the law. The precedent is European Court of Justice case C-1/05 Jia. If you are refused you can appeal with this case. Also, if you are refused because of this problem contact the European Commission immediately as they are wanting evidence in their legal case against Ireland and might be able to help in your particular circumstance.