ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residence AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LilyLalilu

Proof of residence AN

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon May 22, 2017 7:43 pm

About to submit my form AN but am struggeling with evidence of residence for the last year of my qualifying period. For all other years, I'm submitting employer letters and P60s as proof of residence for naturalisation. However, as I am on maternity leave in the year before submitting my application, I was wondering whether a different type of proof would be required as I could have easily been out of the country during my maternity leave. I am at a loss as to what I should provide though as the evidence mentioned on form AN is quite restricted, eg bank statements and GP letters for example do not seem to count.

Any ideas what I could provide to prove my residence in the last year? I dont receive any benefits so do not have letters from government dpts as mentioned on form AN. Would utility or council tax bills be accepted?

NB Im an EU citizen and hence my passport doesn't get endorsed with stamps.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of residence AN

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:41 pm

If you are on maternity leave given by your employers you are still employed by them.
As a man I don't have direct experience of this but in my company women go on six months leave on statutory pay which may be extended to 12 months on reduced statutory pay. They even attend a meeting or two to stay up to date with work. So your employment should be continuing. But I might be missing something in this scenario.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue May 23, 2017 9:39 am

Thanks alterhase :-) I know that I am still considered an employee for the duration of my maternity leave but what I'm wondering is whether the evidence of being employed would also count as proof of residence in this instance. As I'm not required to be at work during my leave they could argue that the employment evidence doesn't show that I was in the country during my maternity leave (which is also the last year of my residential QP for naturalisation) so I am looking to provide extra evidence for peace of mind, I am just not sure what type of evidence I should provide as there doesn't seem to be much choice.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:23 am

I suppose the most official document would be the council tax bill. Also may as well include any communication from your employer regarding maternity leave arrangements. Clearly they could still come back asking for further documentation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.