ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and the General Election.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Spouse Visa and the General Election.

Post by klite12 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:09 am

Hi Guys,

Quick question. I am hoping to apply for my spouse visa before the General Election. If my application is submitted prior to that, would I at all be impacted by changes that are made after my submission? The income threshold at the moment is £18,600 however the Conservative Party have suggested that they will increase it. Should they do that, and my application is submitted and being processed? Would I be penalized for this?

Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa and the General Election.

Post by seagul » Tue May 23, 2017 7:29 pm

At the moment there has not been any major change taken place so if you wish then can proceed and even if any change will take place later on then you will more likely be covered by some transitional measure which usually be introduce whenever any major change takes place.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.