ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual citizen Brit/Irish Eu Treaty Right Non EU Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shackleton_e
Newly Registered

Dual citizen Brit/Irish Eu Treaty Right Non EU Spouse

Post by Shackleton_e » Fri May 19, 2017 1:10 am

Hey guys,

I am a Northern Irish resident who holds both British and Irish citizenship.

If I want to move to the South of Ireland can I use my British Citizenship to declare EU migrant workers rights and have my non EU/EEA spouse enter the country without having to fulfill the Irish spousal visa requirements?

Many thanks

Shackleton

pukon_check

Re: Dual citizen Brit/Irish Eu Treaty Right Non EU Spouse

Post by pukon_check » Fri May 19, 2017 2:37 am

Seems like I can use both passport to get settled here

Shackleton_e
Newly Registered

Post by Shackleton_e » Fri May 19, 2017 7:48 am

pukon_check wrote:Seems like I can use both passport to get settled here
Do you think that I can do what I have in mind?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 am

What nationality your spouse holds? Are you legally married?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Shackleton_e
Newly Registered

Post by Shackleton_e » Tue May 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Apologies about the delay,

We are not married yet, she is orginally from the US, I am currently studying in Northern Ireland and am contemplating getting married to her before my degree ends (She is in another part of the UK under a work sponsor visa T2)

I have dual citizenship of both the UK and ROI, my question is that if I go into Ireland looking for work (us being married by this point) would I be able to have her in if I exercise my EU treaty rights by declaring and signing all forms under my British citizenship?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:21 pm

Perfect. Once you are a married and you and your future wife are in Ireland follow the instructions below:

- Book an appointment for Registration and go there with your wife, bring her old and new passports, marriage certificate, proof of address and your Irish passport the day of the appointment. The officer will place a Stamp 4 on your wife’s passport and will issue her a GNIB card, this is done on the spot and she will be able to reside and work in Ireland.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Shackleton_e
Newly Registered

Post by Shackleton_e » Wed May 24, 2017 12:42 am

max307 wrote:Perfect. Once you are a married and you and your future wife are in Ireland follow the instructions below:

- Book an appointment for Registration and go there with your wife, bring her old and new passports, marriage certificate, proof of address and your Irish passport the day of the appointment. The officer will place a Stamp 4 on your wife’s passport and will issue her a GNIB card, this is done on the spot and she will be able to reside and work in Ireland.

Thanks so much for your reply max307, forgive me for the add on questions here, im just trying to get everything settled in my mind,

Due to working and studying part time, I currently do not meet the spousal visa requirements (Over the last 3 years) correct me if I am mistaken, but from what I understand from reading your above post, it looks like they wouldn't factor that in if I was to move to the ROI in the manner you suggest?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:30 am

Once you are legally married that won’t matter.

The instructions I provided above are only if you intend to apply for a Stamp 4 for her once you are married and applying with your Irish passport, if you are planning to apply with your UK passport that’s a completely different process.