ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS for Spouse Visa Pakistan to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

IELTS for Spouse Visa Pakistan to UK

Post by klite12 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi,

My wife has got her test booked for the IELTS Life Skills A1 in Pakistan at the British Council. Does the IELTS need to be (UKVI) or does the basic IELTS Life Skills A1 suffice?

I'll copy paste what it shows on the page of her account on the British Council site -

Module:IELTS Life Skills A1
Date:25 May 2017
Fee:20,550.00 PKR
Test Location Details
Venue Name:Embassy Lodge LS/UKVI

Would this be accepted by the Home Office? Or does it need to have the (UKVI) bit? I'm quite confused.

SimonS

Re: IELTS for Spouse Visa Pakistan to UK

Post by SimonS » Wed May 24, 2017 12:49 am

Hi Klite,

it must be the IELTS for UKVI see page 2 of FAQ below from gov.uk

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s-v2.0.pdf

Test centres in Islamabad can be found on page 10 of the following approved list from gov.uk. Your centre would appear to be there

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s-v2.0.pdf

Hope that clears it up for you.

Good Luck
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.