ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irfanzafar

RLMT Query

Post by irfanzafar » Thu May 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Dear Experts,

I am currently working on Tier-2 G within NHS as Business Analyst (£28K with SOC 2135) expiring in Oct-2018. I have been offered a job in London offering around £36K.
The new employer is not a registered (Tier-2 sponsorship license) employer but planning to apply for license. My queries are:-

1)- How long it takes to get a license (they employee 50 to 200 staff with a turnover of £70 mil)?
2)- Job was advertised (30 days, 1 instance and at 3 job sites) before applying for a license. Does it meet RLMT requirements or they need to perform new RLMT after getting their license?
3)- Can I apply for my visa during this process or need to apply after they get license?

Any idea, suggestion or experience sharing will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: RLMT Query

Post by iworker » Fri May 12, 2017 9:37 am

depending on how good the application is put together with a exhaustive list of docs, it can take roughly between 2-4 months.
There are set requirements for information about job like salary, location, duties etc that have to be published for it to qualify rlmt. check ukvi website for more information.
no u cant, u wait till they get the licence. then they apply for cos allocation. then they allocate the cos to u, and only then, using that number u can apply for the visa.
at least the good thing is that your expiry date is not near. Dont resign from current job till u have actually got the new visa.

irfanzafar

Post by irfanzafar » Sat May 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Iworker,

Thanks a lot for your valuable information.
Regarding Q-2, initial job advert met all conditions set by UKIV (i.e. Title, Salary, Location, Job Description etc).
My confusion is around the point weather they need to re-advertise the post after (HOPEFULLY) getting the license or previous advertisement can be considered?

Thanks a lot again for your help.

irfanzafar

Post by irfanzafar » Tue May 16, 2017 9:32 pm

Any comment please ?????

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed May 17, 2017 8:58 am

rlmt is valid for 6 months.

aforadi
Newly Registered

Post by aforadi » Wed May 17, 2017 2:25 pm

irfanzafar wrote:Dear Experts,

I am currently working on Tier-2 G within NHS as Business Analyst (£28K with SOC 2135) expiring in Oct-2018. I have been offered a job in London offering around £36K.
The new employer is not a registered (Tier-2 sponsorship license) employer but planning to apply for license. My queries are:-

1)- How long it takes to get a license (they employee 50 to 200 staff with a turnover of £70 mil)?- No time limits- depends on case to case.
2)- Job was advertised (30 days, 1 instance and at 3 job sites) before applying for a license. Does it meet RLMT requirements or they need to perform new RLMT after getting their license? RLMT remains valid for 6 months only
3)- Can I apply for my visa during this process or need to apply after they get license? After the license only

Any idea, suggestion or experience sharing will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

irfanzafar

Post by irfanzafar » Wed May 24, 2017 12:11 am

Thank you very much for your help..