ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen with EEA Citizen Partner not working

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Eshsef
Newly Registered

British Citizen with EEA Citizen Partner not working

Post by Eshsef » Tue May 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Hello,

Hello,

I am a British citizen and my husband is on a spouse visa which we are about to renew. I have been looking after our 2 small children at home so I am not currently working but I have not claimed any benefits (apart from child benefit) as i am worried any claims i make will affect his visa renewal/application now and in the future due to his immigration status. Is this the case?
We are looking for some information on what I can or can't apply for to support.

Thank you.

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizen with EEA Citizen Partner not working

Post by tmonaghan » Wed May 24, 2017 7:01 am

Well it can't be the case because your are a British Citizen. So you should be entitled to claim benefits even though you have been or not working. What matters here is the conditions of your spouse Visa and if your spouse applied for benefits if your partner was not entitled to them. What are the conditions of your spouse Visa?

Eshsef
Newly Registered

Post by Eshsef » Wed May 24, 2017 8:28 am

He is on no recourse to public funds and has never applied or received any benefits. He is due to apply to renew his visa for another 2.5 years

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Wed May 24, 2017 8:56 am

Well in that case I would not worry about it. The Visa should be extended because they will take his family ties into account especially the fact that he is married to a British Citizen with 2 small children.