ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT Tier 2 general application query. Help needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ankita_G
Newly Registered

Tier-2 Gen processing time

Post by Ankita_G » Tue May 16, 2017 11:16 am

Hello everyone!

I have applied for tier-2 general visa on 22nd of March from India, completed with biometric by 27th March. On 11th May, i got unscheduled interview call from UK-BA. They asked about the general job details. This is the first time I am applying for general visa. Previously I had gone via ICT. I have been waiting on the result for almost 2 months now.

Can you please help on the below question: Any help will be much appreciated.
1. Has anyone of you have ever faced/heard of interview after biometric in tier-2 general visa?

2. What can be the possible outcome of this application?

3. How long do they take to process the visa as its already 50 days?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Regards,
Ankita_G

Ankita_G
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-2 Gen processing time

Post by Ankita_G » Tue May 16, 2017 1:45 pm

I am very much tensed with the present scenario. Can anybody please guide or give suggestions.

Thanks a lot
Ankita_G

Ankita_G
Newly Registered

URGENT Tier 2 general application query. Help needed

Post by Ankita_G » Wed May 24, 2017 8:18 am

Hello Everyone,

I applied tier 2 general visa from Bangalore, submitted my biometric on 22nd March, 17. Decision on my visa application is been pending from more than 2 months. I had contacted UK BA several times but they have standard response “YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD AND WILL TAKE TIME”.

In the mean time I have gone through telephonic interview. And my employer had a UK BA visit, in which they asked all sort of questions.

I am so worried and depressed. Can anyone please help me with following questions:
1) Is it normal to have interview for both applicant and employer?
2) How long they usually take to give a decision on these special cases?
3) What can be the possible result?

If anyone of you had faced similar issue in visa application, please share your experience. It would be really helpful.
Thanks a lot in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT Tier 2 general application query. Help needed

Post by CR001 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:31 am

Could be they are questioning the RLMT and if it was done properly,
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ankita_G
Newly Registered

Post by Ankita_G » Wed May 24, 2017 9:48 am

CR001 wrote:Could be they are questioning the RLMT and if it was done properly,
Thank you for looking into this. Yes, the entire process was done properly.

If you have come across or heard about this, how long does the UK BA take to give the decision and what can be the possible outcome? I am asking this because this waiting is creating a lot of tension.

a2$h
Newly Registered

Post by a2$h » Wed May 24, 2017 10:02 am

I have come across some incidents where they interview T2G candidates to understand details of the profile and job offered (if its not contract job or falls under ICT). Also, they interview sometimes if the candidate background has any red flag.
They visit sponsor if they think there's some issue with their sponsor license or if they are applying too many candidates. They also visit sponsor if they are sponsoring for first time and initially they haven't done any inspection.
Hence special cases can take up months and no guarantee about any outcome. You may call UKBA and ask them to escalate. All the best!

Ankita_G
Newly Registered

Post by Ankita_G » Wed May 24, 2017 10:32 am

a2$h wrote:I have come across some incidents where they interview T2G candidates to understand details of the profile and job offered (if its not contract job or falls under ICT). Also, they interview sometimes if the candidate background has any red flag.
They visit sponsor if they think there's some issue with their sponsor license or if they are applying too many candidates. They also visit sponsor if they are sponsoring for first time and initially they haven't done any inspection.
Hence special cases can take up months and no guarantee about any outcome. You may call UKBA and ask them to escalate. All the best!
Thank you for your reply. Can you specify what's the maximum time limit within which they can have a result?

a2$h
Newly Registered

Post by a2$h » Wed May 24, 2017 11:21 am

I don't think they have any max time limit. In few other threads for complex cases I see people waiting more than 6 months (plz note that each case is different)

Ankita_G
Newly Registered

Post by Ankita_G » Thu May 25, 2017 7:27 am

a2$h wrote:Hence special cases can take up months and no guarantee about any outcome. You may call UKBA and ask them to escalate. All the best!
I have tried calling them couple of times, they don't give any proper answer. Do you have any other number to contact UK BA.?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:58 am

They wont give a "proper answer", all you can do is wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.