ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Valid TB Certificate but with old Passport Number

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sujata
Newly Registered

Valid TB Certificate but with old Passport Number

Post by sujata » Sat May 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Hello Team,

I have query regarding TB test needed for UK visa.

I and my daughter have undergone TB test in March 2017 successfully, which are valid till Sep 2017.
Due to not proper binding of passports we were asked to go for new passports at VFS(application center).
We both applied and have new passports now.
We are in process of applying for UK visa again. Would the old tb certificate will be valid which contain old passport numbers or should I go for tb test again with new passports.

When I approached TB test center they mention that I should be checking this as they have guidelines not to repeat test til person is having valid certificate.

Kindly let me know asap. Thanks.
With Regards,
Sujata

rya12
Newly Registered

Re: Valid TB Certificate but with old Passport Number

Post by rya12 » Sat May 06, 2017 5:12 pm

If you are carrying both old and new Passports, then it's fine, make sure to keep both during visa doc submission, what matters more is whether you are a TB risk or not. In fact, during my visa doc submission at Vfs, they barely looked or opened the chest x-ray and returned to me there itself.

sujata
Newly Registered

Post by sujata » Mon May 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Thank you Ray for confirmation. I understand intention of certificate is to find individual is free from TB therefore had question that my valid certificate should be enough. Wanted to confirm to ensure no issues at the time of Visa process

farisabdulla
Newly Registered

Post by farisabdulla » Wed May 24, 2017 2:08 pm

hello,

it should not be a problem if you submit both the passports during application. I was also in similiar situation due to reissued passport as the old was nearing the expiry date