ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent visa extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avi

Tier 2 Dependent visa extension

Post by avi » Wed May 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Hello Friends,

Just need a clarification about the rules - I have applied for ILR this March and still waiting to hear from home office. My wife's visa expires end of June this year as a tier 2 dependent. How can she extend her visa? Can she extend on the same route as Tier 2 dependent visa and if yes , can my employer certify the maintenance?

My concern is i haven't maintained the minimum balance in my account for 90 days, how ever my employer is happy to certify the maintenance. Would this be possible, even though i might be on ILR soon ?

Thanks

Avi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent visa extension

Post by CR001 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm

On what basis have you applied for ILR, 5 years tier 2 or 10uears long residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avi

Post by avi » Wed May 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi Cr001,

I have applied on Tier 2 5 years basis. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Apply to extend wife tier 2 general visa before her current visa expires, you will need to show maintenance though for her
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avi

Post by avi » Wed May 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Thanks CR001 for your prompt reply. Is there any other options where i don't have to show maintenance for her extension? May be she can apply as dependent of ILR instead of the PBS route? We are not bothered if it resets the clock. Or if my employer is happy to certify her maintenance as they are A rated and then she can apply as PBS dependant?

Look forward to hear from you.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:07 pm

FLR(M) will reset her clock and a new 5 year period (2 x 2.5 year visas) before she qualifies for ILR. You have to meet the financial requirement for FLR(M).

Not sure if your sponsor can certify maintenance or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)