ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and SOC code salary

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

ILR and SOC code salary

Post by VirtualWaver » Tue May 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi All,

Could you please shed some light on this: for ILR, it is required to earn appropriate salary as per relevant SOC code for Tier 2 General migrants. When I extended my visa my salary was matching the one in my SOC code but the Government now increased the salary for my SOC code, however, my employer didn't yet. Do my company need to review my salary now to match it the current SOC code or this is only required by the time I will apply for ILR? Didn't find any info on this in policies and worried a bit, will highly appreciate if someone could advise on this. Thanks a lot!

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: ILR and SOC code salary

Post by hassanh » Wed May 24, 2017 1:10 pm

It is just required to be matched a month before the ILR. You will have to submit one month payslip in order to prove that you meet the salary requirement.

Please, bear in mind if the pay rise is too high and only done shortly before the ILR then your ILR application will be more scrutinized.

Thanks,
Hassan.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed May 24, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi hassanh,

Thanks a lot for your help!

The increase will be actually for just 1K per year and I can ask them to review my salary next year after UKBA will publish the new SOC code. I will then have about 6 months until my ILR so will get that salary for 6 months.

The other question is; if they check my historical salary via P60 or Tax website and see I was earning lower will this cause an issue or 6 months payrise will be fine? Thanks.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Wed May 24, 2017 3:53 pm

The other question is; if they check my historical salary via P60 or Tax website and see I was earning lower will this cause an issue or 6 months payrise will be fine? Thanks.
This won't be issue as long as you are paid what is mentioned on your last COS.

Thanks,

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed May 24, 2017 11:23 pm

Thanks a lot for this!