ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life changing question - RLMT for supplementary employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AshBasingstoke1
Newly Registered

Life changing question - RLMT for supplementary employment

Post by AshBasingstoke1 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Good afternoon

I've recently started supplementary employment for a company working 20 hours a week. This is allowed under Tier 2 rules.

The company now wants to employ me full time so do they need to carry out a resident labour market test? Can they be exempt because I have worked for them on supplementary employment and they're happy with my work? I'm conscious that if they carry out a RLMT, then they may receive a number of job applications as the company is based in Central London.

What if they have to carry out a RLMT and they find a few suitable applications?

The company also has its back office/head office in Kent but mostly operate in London(where I'll be working). Should the RLMT be carried out in London or Kent?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Life changing question - RLMT for supplementary employme

Post by CR001 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:27 pm

No they are not exempt.

Is your supplementary work in the same SOC as your full time job?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AshBasingstoke1
Newly Registered

Post by AshBasingstoke1 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:07 am

Hi CR001

Yes, it's in the same SOC code and at the same level of expertise.

Any suggestions for a smooth transition from my tier 2 visa with current employer to new employer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Once RLMT is done, this will need to prove you have not been pre-selected and that the job adverts have not been tailored for you specifically, excluding all others. As you have stated a concern about the RLMT and others applying, it is really important that your sponsor gets this 200% right,

Once RLMT is done and you have applied and been successful above all other applicants and your sponsor can prove there is no BC/EU cit or settled person capable of doing the job, then they can issue a CoS and you apply for a new tier 2 general visa, paying the fee and immigration health surcharge.

Suggest do not resign from your full time job until you have a new visa.

Obviously I am assuming you have a tier 2 general and not a tier 2 ICT visa currently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AshBasingstoke1
Newly Registered

Post by AshBasingstoke1 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks CR001. I'm currently on a Tier 2, not Tier 2 ICT. Aha, yes, not resigning until I have the new Visa in hand.

My visa process won't start until September (I think). Do you work for an immigration firm?

Is this a case you'd be happy to help with? If so, can you send me your details please.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:36 pm

I don't and members are not permitted to post advisor or solicitor details on the public forum.

You are welcome to post in your topic with any questions and you will get excellent help for free.
Char (CR001 not Casa)