ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Invitation Letter and Council booking

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shan77

Citizenship Invitation Letter and Council booking

Post by Shan77 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:05 pm

My naturalisation application was approved on 12th May 2017 (received 17th May 2017) followed by Citizenship invitation letter from the Home Office Dated 16th May 2017 (received 22 May 2017) advising me to book a ceremony with Redbridge council register office.

Redbridge council has online group ceremony booking system available on their website. It asks for Home Office Reference number and name to check if my record is available on their system in order to book the group ceremony. I tried several times with my details but system is unable to find my details. I called Redbridge register office and the lady could not find my details on the system.

My understanding is that the citizenship certificate should be with Redbridge Council Register office within 2 working days from the date of Home Office Invitation letter (that's what the invitation letter states). Since the Home Office invitation letter was issued on 16th May 2017, so Redbridge council should have the certificate by now (it's already one week).

I don't understand why the council do not have my record on their system. I would highly appreciate if any board member please advise me on this issue. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Invitation Letter and Council booking

Post by CR001 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:11 pm

Did you state you want your ceremony at another council?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

astonished

Post by astonished » Wed May 24, 2017 10:12 pm

The only thing you can really do is to give them a call to get them to sort it out.

Shan77

Post by Shan77 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:15 pm

CR001 wrote:Did you state you want your ceremony at another council?
No.
The Home Office invitation letter states the Redbridge Council Register office address for my ceremony.

Shan77

Post by Shan77 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:19 pm

astonished wrote:The only thing you can really do is to give them a call to get them to sort it out.
Thanks for your reply. You said to call them (them means council or the Home Office)?

astonished

Post by astonished » Wed May 24, 2017 11:12 pm

The council. This particular issue doesn't sound like something that the Home Office would be able to sort out. Sounds like a bit of an admin error with your council.

See if you can take your approval + invitation letters to see them in person? Hopefully it's just an unfortunate glitch involving erroneous data entry!

Shan77

Post by Shan77 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:16 am

astonished wrote:The council. This particular issue doesn't sound like something that the Home Office would be able to sort out. Sounds like a bit of an admin error with your council.

See if you can take your approval + invitation letters to see them in person? Hopefully it's just an unfortunate glitch involving erroneous data entry!
Thanks a lot.