ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension do i need to retake english test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Daisyrose
Newly Registered

Visa extension do i need to retake english test

Post by Daisyrose » Tue May 23, 2017 9:12 pm

hello am new in this site ,i want to ask only if i need to take another english exam .i have ietls already my visa will expire july 3 2017 and i use that exam 2014 when i enter in this country ...any comment pls.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa extension do i need to retake english test

Post by CR001 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:28 pm

A2 English is required since May 2017 for FLR(M) extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daisyrose
Newly Registered

Post by Daisyrose » Tue May 23, 2017 10:14 pm

Thank you for your reply ,u mean i need to take english test again thank you

Daisyrose
Newly Registered

Post by Daisyrose » Tue May 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Daisyrose wrote:Thank you for your reply ,u mean i need to take english test again thank you
That ielts i have is speaking ,reading,listening and writing and my score total is 5.5 iquavalent of A2

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Wed May 24, 2017 12:58 am

Hi Daisyrose,

test validity is 2 years. So unfortunately, if you did your test in 2014, the certificate will have expired. I'm not an expert but I think you will need to do it again on this basis.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed May 24, 2017 11:48 pm

Simon I have to correct you am afraid, paragraph 32d of FLR se clearly states conditions when a previous test could be accepted to meet English requirement. This includes certificates used on previous application even if it is no longer accepted or expired as long as it meets current required level (in this case A2).
I learnt the hard way as we took new A2 test and went straight to PEO premium appointment (test results take at least 48hrs to show on UKVI system). The case worker accepted The old certificate as it was used when my wife applied for entry clearance. Basically we wasted £150 for nothing as a new test is not needed and not used in our case.