ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Insurance Requirement

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Business Insurance Requirement

Post by ineedhelp99 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:02 am

Hi all,

Just a quick one, is it a requirement to send certificates or documents of business insurances such as professional indemnity, employer liability and public liability with 1st extension application. What impact this could have on application if not sent.

Thanks in advance ;)

JJ

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Business Insurance Requirement

Post by zimba » Thu May 25, 2017 12:12 am

This has NOTHING to do with visa or immigration purposes :!:
Your business needs to have appropriate insurance as necessary and as an employer you must have employer's liability insurance as per LAW which is unrelated to immigration rules. This is an immigration forum not a business advice forum so please seek business advice from appropriate channels.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelp99 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:18 am

Thank you for your valuable input. I did ask the question from the point of my extension application which is due soon. I just want to make sure if I don't include these insurance documents as I can't see this as a requirement. Thought to ask the valuable members of the forum.
Thanks again for your quick response :)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 25, 2017 12:21 am

I understand that, however there is nothing in the immigration rules regarding this. Obviously you need to comply with all other laws, apart from the immigration rules :wink:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelp99 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:26 am

I understand that pal. And believe me that is been taken care of separately. I don't want anything extra going with the application documents because you never know what might bite you on backside hehe
As said, really appreciate your quick response in this regard.

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelp99 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:42 am

Another quick one to pick your brain on pal, not really sure should this be discussed under the same heading, if an employee goes on holiday for 3 weeks and they get paid the same wages during that time as they were in any other week, could this counted as working 30 hours in them 3 weeks when they were not physically present in the office?
Cheers
JJ

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 25, 2017 1:04 am

You should treat them as paid work days

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu May 25, 2017 9:38 am

Monitoring this Forum, it is always surprising why people keep asking about including documents that were not necessary.

Most problems that I have read about is because HO sticks very closely to the guidance, to the level that goes beyond common sense.
I personally think it makes sense to give the minimum documents as requested. And pay attention to those documents being accurate and in line with the guidance documents.

The only area that is unfortunately vague and can justify additional documents is the "Genuineness" test.

In fact, when I did my extension application and my ILR application, I clearly sorted documents into sections, each section corresponding to the requirements that count up to the points - e.g. Investment, Job Creation, Language, etc.

My objective was that the CW should not need to go searching for the documents as they mark up their points - they could just use one set of documents at a time, put it aside and go on the next. The less work we create for them, the better it is.

I am not sure if it worked, but both my extension and ILR were approved in about 8 weeks so I have to believe it helped.