ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married while waiting EEA2 (EFM) result

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarabi4
Newly Registered

Getting married while waiting EEA2 (EFM) result

Post by sarabi4 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:25 am

Dear all,

My European partner and I (non-EU) have applied for EEA2 (EFM) RC last February 2017 (I am currently on a Tier 2 visa). However we are planning to get married soon, while the application is still in process (we gave notice of marriage and we have booked a date and venue). For our EEA2 (EFM) application we provided evidence of 2 years of cohabitation and my EU partner is exercising treaty rights. Since the HO knows we are getting married, what are the odds they refused my EEA2 (EFM) application on the grounds I would be married now and no unmarried partner anymore? Should we postpone our wedding date once we know the outcome of the EEA2 (EFM) application? Thanks in advance for your replies.

sarabi4
Newly Registered

Re: Getting married while waiting EEA2 (EFM) result

Post by sarabi4 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Anyone?

321panchetta
Newly Registered
Mood:
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Getting married while waiting EEA2 (EFM) result

Post by 321panchetta » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Hello @sarabi4 I hope all is well with you and family.

Just wondering if HO responded to your marriage intent and the results of your application.

Thank you