ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Refunded with no explanation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elfaen
Newly Registered

IHS Refunded with no explanation

Post by elfaen » Wed May 24, 2017 7:43 am

I applied for my first extension on FLR FP based on provate life. The IHS has refunded back the £500 with no explanation or letter from the home office. I sent my application on 30th Nov 2016 and did all the biometrics etc.

Does this mean my apllication has been refused?. I tried to call the home office but they couldnt give me any information.

Anyone else had a refund but been successful?. This waitinf is killing me, cant even have a normal life!!.

Tamandua

Re: IHS Refunded with no explanation

Post by Tamandua » Wed May 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Yes, that probably means your application has been refused. Many applicants have received the IHS refund before the refusal letter.

elfaen
Newly Registered

Post by elfaen » Wed May 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Okay thanks.

Now my application fee for flr fp has been refunded with no explanation. If the visa has been refused why can they not just say.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 24, 2017 6:57 pm

elfaen wrote:Now my application fee for flr fp has been refunded with no explanation.
That may mean that the application was invalid or incomplete.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:23 pm

elfaen wrote:Okay thanks.

Now my application fee for flr fp has been refunded with no explanation. If the visa has been refused why can they not just say.
A letter is probably still on its way.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tamandua

Post by Tamandua » Thu May 25, 2017 9:17 am

Did you find out what happened to your application?

elfaen
Newly Registered

Post by elfaen » Thu May 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Tamandua wrote:Did you find out what happened to your application?
I got a letter today from the home office to say thank you for the above application. From the information provided, we feel that a refund is appropriate.

The letter just states my name and what i applied for.

The letter itself looks very badly writtten.

I am only addressed as Dear with no name. No explanation for the refund. no reference number stated as it was left
blank. They do not even bother to finish of the letter.

For such a big organisation this is just wrong! Ive been waiting for 6 months for one big slap in the face.

Tamandua

Post by Tamandua » Thu May 25, 2017 5:37 pm

It seems like they made a mistake. Perhaps, submit a new application with a cover letter pointing out that you received a refund and no explanation was provided.