ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

leagel opinion please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

c4click
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

leagel opinion please

Post by c4click » Sun May 21, 2017 1:42 am

Hi Dear
I send 1 year before ILR application from Tier 1 General. My application is still pending. for the meanwhile, last month I also completed 10 years.

Q.1: i do not want to change application at this stage from Tier 1 Gen to Long Route 10 years basis. If unfortunately refused by the Home Office, can i make a fresh application on 10 years long route with in 14 days?

Q.2: If so, does it will considered as legal period towards long route or break in continuous period will be considered? waiting for an early response please.

Q.3: What about right to work please if i made another application on long route basis? thank you

monty87

Re: leagel opinion please

Post by monty87 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Q.1: i do not want to change application at this stage from Tier 1 Gen to Long Route 10 years basis. If unfortunately refused by the Home Office, can i make a fresh application on 10 years long route with in 14 days?

Yes, if you had made in time Tier 1 General ILR Application then you are eligible to make SET(LR) within 14 days of Tier 1 Refusal or AR refusal.

Q.2: If so, does it will considered as legal period towards long route or break in continuous period will be considered? waiting for an early response please.

Your lawful residence will finish upon the receipt of ILR refusal letter or AR refusal letter(if you decide to go for AR) but you have already accrued minimum 10 years.

Q.3: What about right to work please if i made another application on long route basis? thank you

You do not have any right to work for any subsequent applications you decide to apply unless you're given appeal right for Tier 1 ILR which do not normally happen for point based system applications.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun May 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Just a note: if your 5 year ILR is refused on deception grounds, then your 10 year ILR WILL be refused on the same grounds.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

c4click
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by c4click » Thu May 25, 2017 12:00 am

Hi Monty87
Thank you very much

Your lawful residence will finish upon the receipt of ILR refusal letter or AR refusal letter(if you decide to go for AR) but you have already accrued minimum 10 years.

As you replied, Lawful period will consider until refusal letter date. Some one stated, lawful period considered from the date of visa expired date instead of refusal date. Can you please clarify the position either end of visa date or refusal date of visa/AR. thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 25, 2017 1:02 am

If you go for AR after refusal, it is two days after the AR is concluded and refused.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

c4click
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by c4click » Thu May 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Zimba88

Thank you