ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about child with ILR visiting EU on school visit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nagasaki99
Newly Registered

Question about child with ILR visiting EU on school visit

Post by nagasaki99 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 am

Hi, I hope that this is the correct forum for this post, if not apologies

circumstances as follows: my stepdaughter entered the country on an ILR a coupple of years ago and, I am UK citizen from birth, my wide has had an ILR for 10 years, the child is a is 14 and a non EU passport holder, in 6 weeks she is intending go on a short trip to Germany organised and by her school. I enquired about a schenghen visa for the child with vfs, vfs informend me that, as this was a school trip, a visa was not required, and the process is that school need to apply through the British Council, we need to provide the documentation to the school that shows the child is validly resident in the U.K. The school are happy to go down this route and they hace the requisite information from the Britiah council to proceed. I have sent the school a photo of the childs passport showing the childs Entry clearance and ILR status, the school has not come back to me as of yet stating that they see ay issues, however i have concens after looking at the passport, with the childs entry clearance and ILR on the passport itself and would appreciate some advice, if anyone has general or specific knowledge to these circumstances

The ILR in her passport has a 'valid until' date on the childs passport, showing her entry clearance and ILR status, This has passed, also the Passport has expired however she does has a new valid one from her home country, the ILR is not carried forward. My understanding of the 'valid until' date was that this was the date that the child had to enter the country by, else the Entry Clearance and ILR status would be revoked, however I would like clarity on what this date actually signifies, does this date mean that if the child leaves the UK, either within the EU or outside the EU, will she be not allowed to either leave or return to the UK due to this date being in the past ?. if not the hopefully all is well, but if it does how do I get over this, This is starting to become immediately concerning as her school trip is 6 weeks away

as stated, any advice would be gratefully appreciated, many thanks

vinny

Re: Question about child with ILR visiting EU on school visi

Post by vinny » Fri May 26, 2017 9:53 am

Carry both passports.

UK Immigration should treat her as a Returning resident.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nagasaki99
Newly Registered

Re: Question about child with ILR visiting EU on school visi

Post by nagasaki99 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Thankyou for your advice Vinny, much appreciated