ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

funkeq
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by funkeq » Thu May 25, 2017 9:44 pm

funkeq wrote:Hi Guys
@CR001
Please any advice on what to do.
I applied for BC in 18th of April 2017 through NCS , I only received an email on the 5th of May 2017, no letter of confirmation, no letter for biometric, no money taken from my account.
This is more than one month now. Please any suggestion on what to do.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Fri May 26, 2017 10:01 am

funkeq wrote:
@CR001
I applied for BC in 18th of April 2017 through NCS , I only received an email on the 5th of May 2017, no letter of confirmation, no letter for biometric, no money taken from my account.
Check the timeline threshes. What to do? Wait......

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Fri May 26, 2017 10:27 am

Chinho2k wrote:
funkeq wrote:
@CR001
Check the timeline threads.....What to do? Wait......

funkeq
Newly Registered

Post by funkeq » Fri May 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Chinho2k wrote:
Chinho2k wrote:
funkeq wrote:
@CR001
Check the timeline threads.....What to do? Wait......
@chinho2k
Thanks
Just worried ,all the people that applied after me, have gotten their money taken and biometric done.

Trabant

Post by Trabant » Fri May 26, 2017 10:29 pm

Could I ask anyone what letter type (recorded, special delivery, regular 1 or 2nd class letter) is used to post approval for citizenship application? I couldn't find anything (just some posts from 2015) but it could change - like it changed with residency documents - now it's recorded mail.
Regards
Roman

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:10 am

Trabant wrote:Could I ask anyone what letter type (recorded, special delivery, regular 1 or 2nd class letter) is used to post approval for citizenship application? I couldn't find anything (just some posts from 2015) but it could change - like it changed with residency documents - now it's recorded mail.
Regards
Roman
2nd class mail in brown A5 envelope.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Dlakam35
Newly Registered

Post by Dlakam35 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Hello to all,

Please its the need week coming...the approvals for March :( should be coming...hopefully

Ewelina_Sz
Newly Registered

Post by Ewelina_Sz » Sun May 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Hello People,
Quick one ;)
How long time it takes now from Biometrics to date of receipt of approval ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:56 pm

Ewelina_Sz wrote:Hello People,
Quick one ;)
It can take a couple of months, it can take many months and sometimes it can take over a year.

Please repost your application timeline in the MAY 2017 topic NOT the January 2017 where you posted and the post has now been removed.

british-citizenship/may-2017-naturalisa ... 07-60.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ewelina_Sz
Newly Registered

Post by Ewelina_Sz » Mon May 29, 2017 9:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Quick one ;)
It can take a couple of months, it can take many months and sometimes it can take over a year.

Please repost your application timeline in the MAY 2017 topic NOT the January 2017 where you posted and the post has now been removed.

I had to wait 6 months for the permanet residency card, and apparently I will have to wait the same for Naturalisation :(. I just thought that becouse of PR card process Naturalisation will go smoother as they already have all my Doc and pieces of evidence. I can see now it's all depends on individual case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:19 am

Ewelina_Sz wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Quick one ;)

I had to wait 6 months for the permanet residency card, and apparently I will have to wait the same for Naturalisation :(. I just thought that becouse of PR card process Naturalisation will go smoother as they already have all my Doc and pieces of evidence. I can see now it's all depends on individual case.
Dont confuse PR application under EU directives with British Nationality LAWS. They are not linked or the same and completely separate laws/rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Trabant

Post by Trabant » Wed May 31, 2017 9:11 am

I understand that they are much more careful after it was revealed that some people got nationalised despite being criminals (2014 if I'm correct). I don't mind this and I understand that it takes time. The only thing what surprises me is that 1236 pounds didn't entitle me to recieve my approval or biometrics request by recorded mail... Just now I live in a place where my postmen are very very reliable and friendly (honestly the best you can imagine) but in previous place - he would deliver your mail to your neighbour or totally different place... and you would get lots of different mail which was not addressed to you. Everyone made complaints to royal mail... no outcome... This is strange that they post it by not recorded mail. What if it's lost? If I fail to organise my ceremony on time - it's lost...

Dlakam35
Newly Registered

Post by Dlakam35 » Wed May 31, 2017 3:57 pm

Hello :(

Please what is happened to March...? Still no updates..

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Wed May 31, 2017 4:15 pm

Dlakam35 wrote:Hello :(

Please what is happened to March...? Still no updates..
I'm afraid if you keep asking the same question you'll keep getting the same answer, or maybe no response at all.

Check the relevant timeline threads, and if like some of us, if you check, you'll find that approvals are slowly moving into biometrics done in early March. It's a waiting game.

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:59 am

[quote="malik15"]Good to see it's getting faster for new applicants. I'm waiting for almost 16 months for a decision:] ...And I am waiting for nearly 15 months

eve_sz
Newly Registered

Post by eve_sz » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:02 am

CR001 wrote:
Ewelina_Sz wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Quick one ;)

Dont confuse PR application under EU directives with British Nationality LAWS. They are not linked or the same and completely separate laws/rules.

I thought PR and NU are under the same umbrella.

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:18 am

[quote="MMM-MMM"]The wait is getting longer and longer - been waiting since 2nd October 2015! ( over 14 months now, on a straightforward case)- I don't understand, how come some people gets BC within 2 month and others can take that long - every time i call them , the checks is not completed yet!!

Anyone been waiting / waited that long , please add some info as it may be helpful for us.[/quote]
......Hi ....MMM-MMM.....I have been waiting since 17th Feb 2016 till now almost 15 months but still waiting in 01-June-2017 the finall letter I received from HO was 15-March-2017 says your App ..............(remains under active consideration) ....................

ija8051

Post by ija8051 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Does anyone had reply for reconsideration of a nationality application?
I applied in Sep 2016 and didn't receive any correspondence till today only UKBA took fee from account in Oct 2016 this is only information i have till now please if someone receive any response update here so at least I know that UKBA started to consideration for Sep 2016 applications or. I do understand that UKBA can take as much as they can because there is no time scale for reconsideration just asking here if any body got decision for their reconsideration ( applied in Sep 2016 or Oct 2016)
thanks in advance.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:11 am

Does anyone received confirmation letter and biometrics with differents dates but in the same envelope?
My husband applied for BC on 18/05 received confirmation letter and biometric in the same envelope but dated 02/06 and 09/06. Is this normal??
He never received an email with case ID and his letter just contain HO reference number and on the field where it says your reference number is N/A. The reference number is not recognisable on online tracking service. :?

aaatech
- thin ice -

Post by aaatech » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Hello!
I have applied on 25/05 and received email confirmation with case id on 09/06. but never received letter and still waiting for biometric letter as well. is it normal or should I contact UKBA?
thanks

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:57 pm

aaatech wrote:Hello!
I have applied on 25/05 and received email confirmation with case id on 09/06. but never received letter and still waiting for biometric letter as well. is it normal or should I contact UKBA?
thanks
Judging from the timelines posted for the month of May, this appear to be normal (you might consider posting your timeline in that thread, as well). There are other people who applied and received confirmation e-mails around the same time that you did who have not yet reported receiving their biometrics letters. The processing times seem to have extended since January/February.

Seph27
Newly Registered

Post by Seph27 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:04 am

It is an irony that the more the HO increases the fees, the longer it takes them to process the applications. There seems to be no value for money. More money, less efficiency :?:

teekee
Newly Registered

Post by teekee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:44 pm

Angie77 wrote:Does anyone received confirmation letter and biometrics with differents dates but in the same envelope?
My husband applied for BC on 18/05 received confirmation letter and biometric in the same envelope but dated 02/06 and 09/06. Is this normal??
He never received an email with case ID and his letter just contain HO reference number and on the field where it says your reference number is N/A. The reference number is not recognisable on online tracking service. :?
Hi Angie,
Yes i received mine in the same envelope but with different dates (acknowledgement and biometrics invitation letter).

Trabant

Post by Trabant » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 am

In timelines only thread there is a post:
Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Unread postby sreevansha » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Eligibility criteria: 5 years residence + 1 year ILR (Dependant application)
Language criteria met: Life in the UK Test + UKNARIC
Nationality: Non-EEA
Method of application: NCS Camden
Date of application: 09/03/2017
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by HM/UKVI: 15/03/2017
Date of acknowledgement: 15/03/2017
Date money gone off account: 15/03/2017
Biometrics done: 18/03/2017
Online status: "Decided" Application status update on 21/06/17 - Message appeared on 24/06/17 1230hrs
Date of approval: Awaiting
Date documents received: Awaiting
Date of ceremony: Awaiting
Date applied for passports: JCAP 09/03/2017
Date passports received: Awaiting

sreevansha
Newly Registered

Can anyone tell me what
Online status: "Decided" Application status update on 21/06/17 - Message appeared on 24/06/17 1230hrs
does mean?

I tried to google everywhere - but I cannot find how you can check your application status online.
I tried to ask "sreevansha" but despite I tried - I cannot post private messages.
Anyone has an idea?
Regards

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:33 am

Trabant wrote:In timelines only thread there is a post:
Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Unread postby sreevansha » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Eligibility criteria: 5 years residence + 1 year ILR (Dependant application)
Language criteria met: Life in the UK Test + UKNARIC
Nationality: Non-EEA
Method of application: NCS Camden
Date of application: 09/03/2017
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by HM/UKVI: 15/03/2017
Date of acknowledgement: 15/03/2017
Date money gone off account: 15/03/2017
Biometrics done: 18/03/2017
Date of approval: Awaiting
Date documents received: Awaiting
Date of ceremony: Awaiting
Date applied for passports: JCAP 09/03/2017
Date passports received: Awaiting

sreevansha
Newly Registered

Can anyone tell me what
does mean?

I tried to google everywhere - but I cannot find how you can check your application status online.
I tried to ask "sreevansha" but despite I tried - I cannot post private messages.
Anyone has an idea?
Regards
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus