ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa curtailed I need help plz

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kellycally111
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa curtailed I need help plz

Post by Kellycally111 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Hello everyone I have being reading people situation for a while and I find this page very helpful.

I came into the UK 2013 on a tier 4 visa to study evening was fine until 2016 I decided to get a visa extension to finish my studies then I got told by my university my visa has been curtailed in January 2015 which I was totally unaware of. I did my visa check with my university every 3 months and they never told me anything about any curtailment issued and I got nothing from the home office. I got a solicitor which threaten to take the university to court about not telling me about my visa curtailment.

The university agreed they made a mistake and this is their fault for not telling me my visa was curtailed I was issued a new CAS letter and a supporting letter from the university saying they made the mistake about the curtailment. Meanwhile I have overstayed my visa without knowing from 2015 when my visa was curtailed and in 2016 June I applied a new application as I'm currently still studying in the same university but I have waited 1 year to get a decision from HO and I can't work, travel or do anything currently except to study. Me and my partner British partner who have been together for 2 years are planning on getting married this year and I'm really close with the family and they all support me and we have a lot of proof to give that our marriage is 100% genuine. But my question are.

1. How can we get married without my passport?

2. Why is the visa taking forever to come out every time I called they say is still being considered.

3. Will the home office think I'm just getting married because I want to stay in the country? Because if my school never made this mistake I won't be in this predicament in the first place and I could get married when I wanted.

Thanks
Kelly

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 visa curtailed I need help plz

Post by sah10406 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Kellycally111 wrote:Meanwhile I have overstayed my visa without knowing from 2015 when my visa was curtailed and in 2016 June I applied a new application as I'm currently still studying in the same university but I have waited 1 year to get a decision from HO and I can't work, travel or do anything currently except to study.
How are you able to study as an overstayer? I am very surprised your university is allowing that.
Kellycally111 wrote:1. How can we get married without my passport?
You can't, but you can request your passport returned temporarily. See https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
Kellycally111 wrote:2. Why is the visa taking forever to come out every time I called they say is still being considered.
I don't know, maybe it is linked to your nationality. They probably assume you are not studying, because you do not have the right to do so, and your university is taking a big risk by allowing you to study.
Kellycally111 wrote:3. Will the home office think I'm just getting married because I want to stay in the country? Because if my school never made this mistake I won't be in this predicament in the first place and I could get married when I wanted.
Getting married will not allow you to just stay in the country. It will mean you can return to your home country and apply for a spouse visa without your overstay affecting the application. However, if you have been living with your partner for 2 years you may already be eligible to do that anyway.[/quote]
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 26, 2017 5:56 pm

You are only able to register your intent to marry with a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO who can then extend the notification period from 28-70 days in order to interview you both separately if they choose to do so.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kellycally111
Newly Registered

Post by Kellycally111 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:17 am

Thanks for all your help.

I am allowed to study because I had no idea my visa was curtailed and my university failed to tell me so initially I had no idea and I have continue studying after a year my visa was curtailed. The university only found out when I decided to extend my visa if I never asked the process of extending d my visa I won't even know I will still think I'm still in the country legal imagine I went home for vacation I doubt I would have be allowed back in the country. I can't just tell me to go home when I haven't finished my studies I came here to get my degree. I am currently in 3rd year now. So I have to finish my studies I did my part is just the university that just ruined my immigration history which i have to fight for my right while I can.

Meanwhile i requested for my passport but the refuse to return it but me and solicitor are have a meeting on Tuesday so hopefully he can come with a way I can get my passport back cause immigration office detained me before but after I explained my situation they confirmed with my school and my school said everything I said is true, so the immigration office said I should make an application as soon as I can which I did.

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:42 pm

Should ask your University what they reported against your CAS. Ultimately if you have been studying since 2015 and they have let you after withdrawing sponsorship, I could see why you would press a legal case.