ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test A1 - still valid?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tenuissent
Newly Registered

English test A1 - still valid?

Post by tenuissent » Wed May 24, 2017 10:46 am

A friend has asked me to find out if her SELT English test A1, obtained in 2013, is still valid? Is there a time limit? Thank you.

SimonS

Re: English test A1 - still valid?

Post by SimonS » Thu May 25, 2017 9:28 pm

Certificate is valid for 2 years from date of issue.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

tenuissent
Newly Registered

Re: English test A1 - still valid?

Post by tenuissent » Fri May 26, 2017 4:46 pm

Thank you.

In case it is useful to anyone else, I have since found out that even an expired A1 test can be used (at that level only of course) if it has already been accepted as part of a successful previous visa application. In my friend's case, her previous applications have not been successful, so she cannot use it. She has to re-take the test.