ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Year Visit Visa for Mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

first2013
United Kingdom

2 Year Visit Visa for Mother

Post by first2013 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:22 am

Hi all, am applying for UK 2years visitor visa for my mother, my question is do i need to pay NHS fee with the visa application and she gonna stay for 5months, if yes how much is the fee and how do i make the payment.
Journey of thousands of miles begins with a single step

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Queries on UK Family Visitor Visa

Post by Casa » Sat May 27, 2017 10:37 am

first2013 wrote:Hi all, am applying for UK 2years visitor visa for my mother, my question is do i need to pay NHS fee with the visa application and she gonna stay for 5months, if yes how much is the fee and how do i make the payment.
There is no NHS surcharge for a visitor visa application. Your mother however will need private medical insurance as she won't be entitled to use NHS facilities including GP visits.

You will need to submit VERY strong evidence of ties to her home country, as visitor visas have become far more difficult to obtain since the Immigration Rules for the settlement of adult dependent relatives were tightened considerably in July 2012.

Has your mother held a 6 month visitor visa in the past?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: 2 Year Visit Visa for Mother

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 27, 2017 10:53 am

first2013 wrote:Hi all, am applying for UK 2years visitor visa for my mother, my question is do i need to pay NHS fee with the visa application and she gonna stay for 5months, if yes how much is the fee and how do i make the payment.
5 months is far too long.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:14 am

Yes she had a 6 months in 2015 and she spend 3months and return back home.

My question are is it compulsory she must include the private medical insurance with the application to be successful??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 29, 2017 9:29 am

first2013 wrote:Yes she had a 6 months in 2015 and she spend 3months and return back home.

My question are is it compulsory she must include the private medical insurance with the application to be successful??
It's not a requirement within the Immigration Rules but in my honest opinion it would be extremely unwise not to take out health insurance cover once the visa is approved.

A member recently posted a sad situation on the forum where the family were facing a £33,000 NHS bill in the UK for their elderly relative here on a visitor visa.

Also note that future visits will be at risk if there is an unpaid NHS bill of £500 or over. See below:
Debt to the NHS
V 3.14 An applicant will normally be refused where a relevant NHS body has notified the Secretary of State that the applicant has failed to pay charges under relevant NHS regulations on charges to overseas visitors and the outstanding charges have a total value of at least £500.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Casa wrote:
first2013 wrote:Yes she had a 6 months in 2015 and she spend 3months and return back home.

It's not a requirement within the Immigration Rules but in my honest opinion it would be extremely unwise not to take out health insurance cover once the visa is approved.

A member recently posted a sad situation on the forum where the family were facing a £33,000 NHS bill in the UK for their elderly relative here on a visitor visa.

Also note that future visits will be at risk if there is an unpaid NHS bill of £500 or over. See below:
Debt to the NHS
V 3.14 An applicant will normally be refused where a relevant NHS body has notified the Secretary of State that the applicant has failed to pay charges under relevant NHS regulations on charges to overseas visitors and the outstanding charges have a total value of at least £500.

Ok i Will just do as u said, thanks very much.