ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Historical name changes

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Muira
United States of America

Historical name changes

Post by Muira » Sat May 27, 2017 2:15 pm

I recently applied for citizenship and I am worried as I have several name changes in my history, that it might complicate my case. I had three surnames by the time I was aged thirteen due to undergoing two adoptions.

I do not have any documentation of my birth name, but I have nevertheless listed it as a previous name on all of my immigration applications, and have been successful thus far.

I read that the Home Office (or UK Visas and Immigration) keeps records for fifteen years from date of last action. I applied for my initial visa in 2010, so, if they still keep records for that length of time, is it likely that there will still be notes detailing my situation in their case file for me? And would they consider my application for citizenship stricter than my ILR application, which they approved several years ago?