ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to the UK with parent on EUFAM4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Travelling to the UK with parent on EUFAM4

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat May 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi all,

appologies for asking this question again but,

Can anyone confirm if my dependent parent who has EUFAM4 permission in Ireland can travel with me to and from the UK without requiring a visitor's visa?

I know the spouse of EU citizen if accompanied by the EU citizen can travel to and from but not sure if the same applies to dependent parent?

Would be grateful if this can be confirm so I can avoid the painful trip to Dublin and apply for a visitor's visa

Thanks in advance for your help

Shpirtshqipe

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Travelling to the UK with parent on EUFAM4

Post by zahmed05 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi,

Your parents can travel with you without requiring a visa. You'll need to go to airline counter before going through security.

They will need visit visa if they're travelling alone.

Hope that helps.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sun May 28, 2017 12:31 am

shpirtshqipe wrote:Hi all,

appologies for asking this question again but,

Can anyone confirm if my dependent parent who has EUFAM4 permission in Ireland can travel with me to and from the UK without requiring a visitor's visa?

I know the spouse of EU citizen if accompanied by the EU citizen can travel to and from but not sure if the same applies to dependent parent?

Would be grateful if this can be confirm so I can avoid the painful trip to Dublin and apply for a visitor's visa

Thanks in advance for your help

Shpirtshqipe
Hello,

Please read the below link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card

If you are stopped by a UK immigration officer (unlikely coz of CTA), then you have to prove what you proved to INIS to obtain EUFAM. So make sure you carry all the paperwork work coz UKVI officer will scrutinise your momz entry.

Also be careful of choosing airlines. I have seen in this forum where people had tough time with Easyjet. Not all the airline staff is knowledgeable when it comes to entry to UK in EUFAM.

You may want think about applying EEA Family Permit or UK Visa but check with our Forum experts for their advice on this.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know how you get on!

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:52 pm

raja.brit is right, family permit or visit visa is required, only on EU4FM stamp with wife UK entry is not sufficient proof. if officer is satisfied then u can enter otherwise they will not allow.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Tue May 30, 2017 11:06 am

Thank you for all your replies

It sounds like I need to taken a trip to Dublin for a visitor's visa :(

ShpirtShqipe

Strider1779
Newly Registered

Post by Strider1779 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:32 am

Are you saying only a wife would be allowed entry? or not?
arz1986 wrote:raja.brit is right, family permit or visit visa is required, only on EU4FM stamp with wife UK entry is not sufficient proof. if officer is satisfied then u can enter otherwise they will not allow.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:16 pm

Strider1779 wrote:Are you saying only a wife would be allowed entry? or not?
arz1986 wrote:raja.brit is right, family permit or visit visa is required, only on EU4FM stamp with wife UK entry is not sufficient proof. if officer is satisfied then u can enter otherwise they will not allow.
No. I wud imagine, its the same for partner n parents,