ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Accommodation Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Spouse Visa - Accommodation Requirement

Post by klite12 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Quick question regarding the accommodation requirement for the Spouse Visa.

I will be sponsoring my wife shortly to come live with me in the UK, I currently live in a TWO Bedroom flat, one room is occupied by my Mother & Father - My wife and I intend on occupying the other room.

The property has;

- Two Bedrooms
- One Bathroom
- One Spam (K . I . T . C. H . E. N) (I don't know why it's being censored as spam lol.)
- One Living Room
- Two General Purpose Rooms

So two bedrooms will be occupied by two married couples.

Is this okay? Or would this be problematic in my application.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa - Accommodation Requirement

Post by CR001 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:15 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

klite12

Post by klite12 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:17 pm

CR001 Bro I've read that, my only issue with that is it says.

2 Bedrooms, three people.

That's what's confusing me.

Secondly, I've been told that property inspections no longer happen. I'm having my application processed through a Lawyer and that's what he's told me, was that an older practice?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:33 pm

I am not a 'bro', I am a 'sister'.

Property inspection reports are required if you are living a house of multiple occupation with non related people.

If you have read the link properly, you would have noted that bedrooms and living rooms are counted as rooms. Only Spam and bathrooms are excluded in the room count.

Are you renting or do you own the property?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

klite12

Post by klite12 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:35 pm

CR001 wrote:I am not a 'bro', I am a 'sister'.

Property inspection reports are required if you are living a house of multiple occupation with non related people.

If you have read the link properly, you would have noted that bedrooms and living rooms are counted as rooms. Only Spam and bathrooms are excluded in the room count.

Are you renting or do you own the property?
I'm so sorry.

I don't own it nor am I renting it - My Father owns the property and is letting me live there for as long as I need.

Currently the occupants are - Myself, my Mother & my Father. Both my Mother & Father have their own bedroom, and I intend on sharing my room with my wife.

I should also mention that my lawyer has said that he'll provide a template to us that my father will sign basically giving me consent to live in the house.

So basically, our Living room and two bedrooms count as 3 rooms, meaning 5 people can live there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:39 pm

Should be fine provided you have all the necessary evidence of the property and a letter from your father.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

klite12

Post by klite12 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:43 pm

CR001 wrote:Should be fine provided you have all the necessary evidence of the property and a letter from your father.
Thank you! :D