ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help : French Consulate for schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhuk13
Newly Registered

Please Help : French Consulate for schengen visa

Post by bhuk13 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Hello,

I am British Citizen, my wife is Indian Citizen, so we have applied for her France schengen visa, but unfortunately counsellor asked to get the marriage certificate to get attested by ministry of external affairs India, we have tried from the India high commission, but they wont do it from here, its only possible from india.

So in order to go to india she need her passport back from the french embassy, but when we called to French embassy they are not responding same as TLSContact.

We have message to TLS and embassy directly no response. finally after dropping voice message 4/5 times TSL called my wife, and they saying they can't do anything, we have to wait until french embassy returns the passport, could be 3months, which is in appropriate, even though we are saying we cant provide that document as of now.

So we are stuck now, and no idea whom to contact to get my wife passport from French embassy. Please let me know if any one has any idea.

Thanks,
Pras

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Please Help : French Consulate for schengen visa

Post by manci » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:13 pm

send a complaint, From the consulate website:
http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Contacts-21478

"To comment on the new procedure and the service you have received, please contact the French consulate:"

email: visas.londres-fslt@diplomatie.gouv.fr

letter :
Consulat général de France
Visa section
6a Cromwell Place
London SW7 2EW

bhuk13
Newly Registered

Post by bhuk13 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Thanks Manci.

I have already emailed twice to that email address, but no one replied, I have received the acknowledgement from the consulate, but no reply yet :( :(

I will send an letter tomorrow.

Thanks

awais394
Newly Registered

Post by awais394 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi,

I am just wondering how did you resolve this issue as have recently applied for wife visa under same route and has Pakistani marriage certificate. I am worried that they might ask the same from us as well. TLS staff confirmed that do not require any attestion etc but still.

Any one else have experienced this please let me know.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 29, 2017 4:03 pm

awais394 wrote:Hi,

I am just wondering how did you resolve this issue as have recently applied for wife visa under same route and has Pakistani marriage certificate. I am worried that they might ask the same from us as well. TLS staff confirmed that do not require any attestion etc but still.

Any one else have experienced this please let me know.

Thanks
This thread is 14 months old and the OP hasn't visited the forum since Apr 11, 2016
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.