ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee status and paying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kathleen
Newly Registered

Refugee status and paying for ILR

Post by Kathleen » Fri May 12, 2017 6:18 am

I had 5 years refugee status then applied for ILR for free. It was refused on grounds of a driving offense and they extended my refugee status with another 3years. Do I need to pay for ILR to apply for ILR again or is it still free for me?
Thanks

Sam1140
United States of America

Re: Refugee status and paying for ILR

Post by Sam1140 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi Kathleen,

Wow, how many offenses did you have? when have you applied and when have you received the letter? can you please let us know?

Thank you

miladgeorge
Newly Registered

Post by miladgeorge » Wed May 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Kathleen wrote:I had 5 years refugee status then applied for ILR for free. It was refused on grounds of a driving offense and they extended my refugee status with another 3years. Do I need to pay for ILR to apply for ILR again or is it still free for me?
Thanks

Hello Kathleen,
could you please tell us more in details about what happened later ?
Thank you

Kathleen
Newly Registered

Post by Kathleen » Fri May 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Sam1140 wrote:Hi Kathleen,

Wow, how many offenses did you have? when have you applied and when have you received the letter? can you please let us know?

Thank you
2driving offences and I applied almost 3years ago. Am due to re apply soon hence I am asking whether I will be paying this time round or its still free based on still having a refugee status.

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi kathleen,

No you dont need to pay as Set P application is free, My advice is apply same day service (cost 500 pounds roughly) as I think you are eligible due to your extension, but check.
this year takes a long time to get ILR

good luck

miladgeorge
Newly Registered

Post by miladgeorge » Sat May 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Kathleen wrote:
Sam1140 wrote:Hi Kathleen,

Thank you
2driving offences and I applied almost 3years ago. Am due to re apply soon hence I am asking whether I will be paying this time round or its still free based on still having a refugee status.
Hey Kathleen, would you mind if you could tell us what the two driving offenses are ? Civil or something else ( Red light , Parking , speeding ?
Plaese if you think this is personal stuff , do not answer me . Thank you !

Kathleen
Newly Registered

Post by Kathleen » Mon May 29, 2017 2:30 pm

Sam1140 wrote:Hi kathleen,

No you dont need to pay as Set P application is free, My advice is apply same day service (cost 500 pounds roughly) as I think you are eligible due to your extension, but check.
this year takes a long time to get ILR

good luck
Thank you. Will update.

Northernboy122
Newly Registered

Post by Northernboy122 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:54 pm

I have applied for ILR SET P on January 2017 and getting automatic email each month from HO but still no card! The delay can be bcoz of 8th June election or the safe home return policy. Very painful waiting :roll:

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:21 am

may I ask you when in Jan you have applied?
I dont understand why is related to Election, these rules were in place from the end of 2015, I dont think the delays are related to the election at all. its just takes 6 months, you should receive a good news soon

Northernboy122
Newly Registered

Post by Northernboy122 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:12 pm

I sent my application on 20/01/2017. I am not sure the delay is bcoz of election or the new policy (safe home return). If you eead old timelines here in site, they used to get ILR really faster. As I noticed from January nobody on this site announced that his card has arrived!

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:37 am

Thats correct Northenboy12

they used to process all applications in 3 to 4 months, but now it takes more than that. as you can see from the monthly emails, service standard part, states, if Home Office can't make decision on your application they will let you know within 12 weeks for the 6 month standard,

so in your case, you have passed this time and hopefully, you will hear back from them soon, dont forget to update the forum.

Thanks,

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:31 am

Northernboy122 wrote:I sent my application on 20/01/2017. I am not sure the delay is bcoz of election or the new policy (safe home return). If you eead old timelines here in site, they used to get ILR really faster. As I noticed from January nobody on this site announced that his card has arrived!

Hi Northernboy,

Did you call HO? if you did, what did they say? Can you please share it with us?

thanks