ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newly born baby

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imran 1981

Newly born baby

Post by Imran 1981 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:16 pm

Dear Members,

I have a question and would be grateful for your responses.

My wife is pregnant and we are thinking of doing the baby in India. I just wanted to know the visa situation for my baby:

My wife is on Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent visa expiring November 2018. Assuming the baby will return back in March 2018,

1. Will we need to apply for baby's visa as soon as born?

2. Will baby born in India rather than UK will be advantageous/non-advantageous from nationality point of view?

Thanks very much

Imran

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Newly born baby

Post by zimba » Tue May 30, 2017 1:28 pm

1. Will we need to apply for baby's visa as soon as born?
Yes. A baby born outside the UK needs to have dependant's visa as usual to enter the UK.
2. Will baby born in India rather than UK will be advantageous/non-advantageous from nationality point of view?
Yes. The child cannot register as BC when you get ILR. However If your child is born in the UK, you can register him/her as British Citizen the moment you get ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Imran 1981

Post by Imran 1981 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Thanks Zimba.

Just on the second point, assuming my baby is born in India and suppose I don't take BC and only stay with ILR, Can my baby apply for BC one year after he/she receive ILR (we don't want to take BC but only for the baby)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:03 pm

No. A child born abroad will only qualify for BC if one or both parents are applying for BC at the same time. Child would have to wait till they are 18 and apply as an adult, assuming they meet all the requirements at that time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.