ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENSome questions about EU1 App/ Medical Card/ Parent Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

npayne27
United Kingdom

URGENSome questions about EU1 App/ Medical Card/ Parent Visa

Post by npayne27 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:58 am

Hey Everyone,

My Husband is a non-EU and I am a British, we have two children who are British. We have been in I reland for 5 months now and love the family life here, and praying to settle here permanently. My Husband has a stamp 4 and that will expire in December but should here the EU1 result by September. We are living on my income. My Husband has applied for so many jobs, every job that comes available where we live but nothing so far, and even if he does get a job, there will be no one to take care of our baby while I work. I work from home.

My husband's mother also is dependent on us financially and in every way really, so we have applied for her to come over, and that way we can take care of her, and she can take care of our baby for 3 hours a day while I work so my husband can also work. I have Ulcerative Colitis, so need to take medicine every day. My medicine cost 140 euros a month, which right now we can't pay for after rent, food etc, unless we really just make sure the children get food and we just eat once a day, which we have no problem doing if it means we can stay together, until my husband finds work.

Anyway, the questions, lol:

1. My husband has not signed up for job seekers out of fear of affecting the EU1 app and possible naturalization in the future. If he did, would this affect the application? Is he even allowed too?

2. If I apply for a medical card, am I causing an unreasonable burden on the society financially and will this be something they can refuse us residence for?

3. My mother-in-law's visa has still not been decided after 7 weeks now, she is a qualifying family member, how long did yours take if any?

I am self-employed so no requirement for sickness insurance. So not sure about the medical card or not. Thanks

pukon_check

Re: URGENSome questions about EU1 App/ Medical Card/ Parent

Post by pukon_check » Tue May 30, 2017 1:28 pm

Hey there
My visa was based on my wife's treaty practices..
Well I was working on and off but my wife was working always as part time..
I was on social because of my surgery..
And always we both had medical card..
I got Eu 1 for 5 years and even later after 5 years I got permanent residency for 10 years..and finally last month I got citizenship too..
So medical card doesn't affect his application..
But make sure Eu citizen atleast has to pay tax to getting ur husband visa..
Hope it helps

npayne27
United Kingdom

Post by npayne27 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi! Yes, I will be paying tax at the end of the year, and we are doing everything we should be doing. It is just really financially hard, and more so because we have to set the tax aside out of my salary each month too. We are basically left with nothing each month, but we thank God for how far he has brought us and that we are together. I can't imagine not having my Husband with us and he is the favorite parent hahaha. It is really stressing my Husband that he has not gotten work yet too, but I told him that even if he gets a job, what about our baby, she's just 6 months old? So, we really pray that our mother-in-law can come.

So he can sign up for financial assistance until he gets a job offer? As long as I the EU Citizen is working and paying tax? Have no rules changed since your time? And will he need to inform INIS about this or it is just if my circumstances change that we need to inform them?

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Tue May 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Hey it's not all about tight rules as long as Eu citizen and the other party I mean the relationship is real it come out eventually..if u know what I mean..honestly once he get 5 years visa he can take any facilities from the state..it's not an issue..
Good to see you have a nice loving family..
God bless..
Yes it's better to give an update in inis and keep the proven documents
Let us know if u have any further query
If I know il answer here..,