ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates in SMS (Sponsorship Management System)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bumblebee0911
Newly Registered

Updates in SMS (Sponsorship Management System)

Post by Bumblebee0911 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello,

I received a salary increment in January 2017 and I got to know that this has not been updated in SMS until now by the responsible person. I am applying for ILR in Tier 2 - G later this year.

1) Is it too late to update the SMS now (as this should have been done within 10 days of increment)?
2) If update now, will it create an issue?
3) If this not been updated before applying for ILR, will it be an issue as I am planing to apply via premium service?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Updates in SMS (Sponsorship Management System)

Post by Djsuccess » Wed May 31, 2017 12:54 pm

Getting a salary increase does not have to be reported if the increase was done as part of annual salary increase where the whole company or majority also received salary review.

If the salary increase was just for you due to promotion or from appraisal, then the increase should be updated using the SMS.

There might not be any issue if your sponsor did not notify the UKVI of salary increase as long as your salary is still within the required salary for your SOC.(you might need the experts here to confirm this)
UKVI are usually more concerned about reduction in salary that can affect your eligibility.

if your salary increase also came with promotion then your sponsor should notify UKVI.
UKVI will be interested in the new role and the salary to confirm if the promotion will trigger change of SOC and new salary requirement.

I hope this is helpful.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Bumblebee0911
Newly Registered

Post by Bumblebee0911 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:33 pm

Djsuccess wrote:Getting a salary increase does not have to be reported if the increase was done as part of annual salary increase where the whole company or majority also received salary review.

If the salary increase was just for you due to promotion or from appraisal, then the increase should be updated using the SMS.

There might not be any issue if your sponsor did not notify the UKVI of salary increase as long as your salary is still within the required salary for your SOC.(you might need the experts here to confirm this)
UKVI are usually more concerned about reduction in salary that can affect your eligibility.

if your salary increase also came with promotion then your sponsor should notify UKVI.
UKVI will be interested in the new role and the salary to confirm if the promotion will trigger change of SOC and new salary requirement.

I hope this is helpful.
Thank you Djsuccess. It was an annual increment only (no change of the job / SOC/promotion)

iforilr
inactive
India

Post by iforilr » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I am exactly at the same position and I am going for my ILR later this year through Tier-2 general route.

@Bumblebee0911 Your salary before increment, was it less than 35,000. And do you get above 35,000 now.

My situation is, When I applied for extension on Feb 2016 it was below 35,000 and around April 2016 I got an annual payrise from company (ie performance review) and then early this year my pay was reviewed again and I got a raise which is above 35,000.

But similar to @Bumblebee0911 situation my employer too did not update pay rise in SMS, would this cause a problem for ILR application later this year. Because in SMS it would say my pay is less than 35000 but in payslips and employment letters it would be above 35,000.

Please help me as it is really stressfull.

iforilr
inactive
India

Post by iforilr » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 am

Hi guys,

Sorry for bothering again.. But any help on the above question will really help me at the current situation.