ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal Records Clearance for Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veenavv
Newly Registered

Criminal Records Clearance for Tier 2 visa

Post by veenavv » Wed May 31, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi,
I am working in NHS for past 2 years, but I am currently Tier 2 dependant visa. Now I am moving on to a new training job from this August, which my deanery will sponsor.
I have 1.5 year old police clearance certificate from my homeland with me.I have never been out of UK for more than 14 days since then and I am applying for new Tier 2 visa from within.
As this is not technically a visa extension, I am not sure whether I need to submit a criminal records clearance certificate ?
Can someone please help me out here.
Many Thanks,

Bumblebee0911
Newly Registered

Re: Criminal Records Clearance for Tier 2 visa

Post by Bumblebee0911 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:36 pm

If I am not mistaken, you need to provide only you are applying for the first time and from overseas (for fresh applications). So in this case you should be fine as you have been working here for the last 2 years.

Even it is needed you my provide a Criminal Record Certificate from UK. See below sighted from gov.uk,

"You’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years".

Hope this helps.

veenavv
Newly Registered

Re: Criminal Records Clearance for Tier 2 visa

Post by veenavv » Wed May 31, 2017 8:21 pm

Bumblebee0911 wrote:If I am not mistaken, you need to provide only you are applying for the first time and from overseas (for fresh applications). So in this case you should be fine as you have been working here for the last 2 years.

Even it is needed you my provide a Criminal Record Certificate from UK. See below sighted from gov.uk,

"You’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years".

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much. It is a big relief.