ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

r_amrelia
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain

Post by r_amrelia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:32 am

Hello everyone just a brief info on my immigration history as follows:

Arrived in uk 24 feb 2005 on a student visa and been on student visa until june 2011.

In june 2011 i applied for my student visa extension thru my college got my acknowledge and done biometrics unfortunately college licence got suspended on may 2012 before i received my visa. I was send 60 days letter to apply for news cas thru new college or make a fresh applicTion in another category.

I decided to go for unmarried partner as my gf is a british citizen i applied within 60days time limit on july 20th 2012

After 1 yr in april 2013 i got reply from home office refusing my visa with No appeal main reason was they considered me illegal between 2011-2012 as the caseworker didnt check i had a student extension application submitted during 2011-2012.

I put a reconsideration request within 14 days after i received the refusal challeging the decision,later that year december 2013 home office replied that they will reconsider my case and its in process been pass to a senior caseworker and they will reply in due course.

As they have accepted the reconsideration request i have my section 3c instigated until i get a decision also the reason for refusal was a mistake from caseworker and its mention in the SAR file i received from home office over there caseworker had mention that it was a mistake on its part as he didnt know i had a student application between 2011-2012 and he should have atleast given a right of appeal.

Now its june 2017 i have completed more than 12 yrs in this country i like to know can i apply for ilr cause section 3c have been instigated from the time reconsideration request is accepted and i dont want to waste any more time as its been almost more than 3 yrs after my reconsideration request was accepted.

Can i apply for my ilr while my reconsideration request is still in process i have done ielts got my life in uk test passed and all other documents are ready along with my home office file i planning to go for same day service can please someone advise me if its ok to do it any help will be much appreciated thanks in advance

r_amrelia
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite leave to remain

Post by r_amrelia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:37 am

Hi guys any advice in this matter will much appreciated i just like to be sure before i apply for ilr same day service thanks

r_amrelia
Newly Registered

English language test without valid id for indefinite leave

Post by r_amrelia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:29 pm

Hello guys i want to apply for ilr but i got a small issue here i have passed ielts in 2011 and submitted with my student visa extension.now my passport is with home office after i applied for flr m unmarried partner visa in 2012 the visa was refused with no appeal i went for reconsideration and they accepted it send me a letter saying its under process now i completed 12 yrs in this country but my passport is with home office and it got expired and i need to do the selt exams and they need a valid passport i like to know if my expired ielts will be ok for my ilr if not then how i can do selt exams without a valid id plz i need someone to advice me thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:02 am

TOPICS MERGED
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

r_amrelia
Newly Registered

Post by r_amrelia » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:51 am

Hello zimba i would like to advise me on the first post if i can apply for ilr while my reconsideration is in process amd also if my old ielts will be ok or i need to take the new selt test if yes then how can i do it without a valid id is there any other way i can sit for this exams thanks