ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Naturalisation Enquiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adewunmi
Newly Registered

Urgent Naturalisation Enquiry

Post by adewunmi » Tue May 30, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi All,

This forum has been extremely helpful for me over the years, i will really appreciate your contributions on my below request.

I got my RC in 2011 and i received my PR in May 2016. My question is that can i apply for naturalisation in June 2017?
I have been hearing series of information that some people has to wait for few years before they can qualify based on good character. I don't have a criminal, please advice.

Thanks

Ade

GMB
United States of America

Re: Urgent Naturalisation Enquiry

Post by GMB » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:18 pm

In most cases you need to have had settled status for one year (max) to apply. if your PR card is dated May 2016, then it's very likely the date the Home Office will show for when you obtained settled status will be months prior to this, but worst case scenario you were eligible to apply last month.

adewunmi
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Naturalisation Enquiry

Post by adewunmi » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks GMB for your response.

I'm kind of confused now, i got married recently and i will like my husband surname to be put on the naturalisation certificate but unfortunately on the AN form guidance form HO states that change of name has to be done on passport or travel document before sending naturalisation application to them.

Any idea on how i can go about it?

Ade