ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding BRP and CSI

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

palmoil
Newly Registered

Regarding BRP and CSI

Post by palmoil » Wed May 31, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi,

I moved to the UK in 2009 and applied for my EEA2 RC.
After 5 years with that RC I applied and got my PR via EEA4.
As it’s been more than a year since I got my PR, I’m now looking into applying for naturalisation.

At this moment I have 2 questions:

I wasn’t issued a BRP when I got my PR (all I have is a “Permanent Residence Card” page in my passport). Is it a problem? Do I need to get one before applying for the citizenship?

Previously I have been employed and had health insurance as a employee benefit.
Recently I became self-employed (still working regularly). Do I need comprehensive sickness insurance?

Thanks for the help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding BRP and CSI

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:46 am

palmoil wrote:Hi,

I moved to the UK in 2009 and applied for my EEA2 RC.
After 5 years with that RC I applied and got my PR via EEA4.
As it’s been more than a year since I got my PR, I’m now looking into applying for naturalisation.

At this moment I have 2 questions:

I wasn’t issued a BRP when I got my PR (all I have is a “Permanent Residence Card” page in my passport). Is it a problem? Do I need to get one before applying for the citizenship? No

Previously I have been employed and had health insurance as a employee benefit.
Recently I became self-employed (still working regularly). Do I need comprehensive sickness insurance? CSI is no longer required once you have acquired PR as you then became free of Immigration control.

Thanks for the help!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

palmoil
Newly Registered

Re: Regarding BRP and CSI

Post by palmoil » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Thanks Casa!