ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non eu spouce visa under eu directive

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Non eu spouce visa under eu directive

Post by lidia_9 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:33 am

Hello everyone,
I have applied for french visa for non eu spouce visa and it is two months since i have applied, after contacting them several times just got one answer "its in processing ".
Could someone suggest whats going on? Isnt this a breach of law?

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: Non eu spouce visa under eu directive

Post by gokulatti » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 am

Hi,
Exactly what did you apply for, I am assuming you applied for entry/facilitating visa to come to france, as the residence card application under EU directive is usually applied to the local prefectures in france.

If it is entry visa for france you have the right to get that processed on an accelerated procedure, normally within 15 days. 2 months processing sounds really absurd. did you call the embassy? if I was you would try getting the extension number to the consular officer and ring directly. you have rights don't let them tell you otherwise.

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Thanks for your kind reply.
I have been trying to contact them but whenever they answer the call (if they answer) they just say its in processing. This behaviour of embassies is really inhuman. Our travel plan is completely disregarded

chrispaulc
Newly Registered

Post by chrispaulc » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Surely, since there is a right to an expedited process, there should be someone to speak to about the delay?

My wife's Dutch visa application under 2004/38/EC was forwarded to the IND in the Netherlands, and it was two months before we had received word that the visa had been refused. We have reapplied and the visa application has been forwarded yet again. What should have taken two weeks is now going to take four months (more if they find more problems with our application).

Ahmshea
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmshea » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:14 am

lidia_9 wrote:Thanks for your kind reply.
I have been trying to contact them but whenever they answer the call (if they answer) they just say its in processing. This behaviour of embassies is really inhuman. Our travel plan is completely disregarded
I am in same situation pls udate me what was the last result

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Hello, thanks for your reply guys. well I don't have no decision from french and i think I know there decision bcz of such long delay..... i have already contacted solvit for it, lets just see what will be happening. i will keep you guys updated. Disappointed only. I hope for a quick decision.

Ahmshea
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmshea » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:30 am

please make a complaint also by european ombudsman
Solvit is very slow in reply i make complaint by both now waiting for outcome

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Do you think eu ombudsman can help in this case? And do you have any update?

Ahmshea
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmshea » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:53 pm

lidia_9 wrote:Do you think eu ombudsman can help in this case? And do you have any update?
I submit complaint by eu ombudsman got reply they will update me in 4 weeks. I am now almost 2 months waiting for my wifes passport from french embassy. No results from solvit also very frustated. I dont know if its help but i try by eu ombudsman.

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Which country your wife applied for? And what is your nationality? What french embassy say when you call them? When i call they say it is in processing thats it

Ahmshea
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmshea » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Ahmshea wrote:
lidia_9 wrote:Do you think eu ombudsman can help in this case? And do you have any update?
I submit complaint by eu ombudsman got reply they will update me in 4 weeks. I am now almost 2 months waiting for my wifes passport from french embassy. No results from solvit also very frustated. I dont know if its help but i try by eu ombudsman.
From which country u apply by the french????
if possible contact me by mail so that we can share this with each other

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Ahmshea wrote:From which country u apply by the french????
if possible contact me by mail so that we can share this with each other
Posting of contact information is NOT permitted on the forum. Any such details will be removed and the user issued with a final warning.

Post in public so all can benefit and any incorrect advice can be corrected.

As a newly registered member, I strongly suggest you read the forum T&C's.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:10 pm

As you can see i cannot post personal information, but i would like to discuss. Anyway my husband applied from Pakistan, and how long already you contacted solvit?

Ahmshea
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmshea » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:21 pm

lidia_9 wrote:As you can see i cannot post personal information, but i would like to discuss. Anyway my husband applied from Pakistan, and how long already you contacted solvit?
I am new here didnt knew this btw solvit i am waiting 4 weeks without results and if i call the embassy they say the case is waiting for approval from eu citizen country. as per directive nothing to investigate or an approval from eu citizen country. so they make us stupid and at the end dont want to recognise eu law for our family member in third world country.

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Which country your family member applied from? Your travel plan was to travel together or joining eu citizen?

Ahmshea
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmshea » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:29 pm

lidia_9 wrote:Which country your family member applied from? Your travel plan was to travel together or joining eu citizen?
INDIA
TRAVELING TOGETHER

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Best wishes to you keep me updated with any progress i will file complaint with ombudsman as well but solvit should be able to help, try contacting visa section directly if you can.

chrispaulc
Newly Registered

Post by chrispaulc » Mon May 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Have you had any update?

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:15 am

Visa is refused today after waiting of more than 4 months.... i have no idea what to do....

Ahmshea
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmshea » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:05 pm

lidia_9 wrote:Visa is refused today after waiting of more than 4 months.... i have no idea what to do....
You can contact through the following:

just-citizenship@ec.europa.eu (This is the department which deals with union citizenship and free movement).

Or submit a complaint here: http://ec.europa.eu/atwork/applying-eu- ... int_en.htm

For the visa policy unit I just sent an email directly to the Commissioner Avramopoulos. You will have to search for his details online and find his team contact details so you can cc them. Usually if you cc others they will reply.

I can't really advise you on what to do because I don't know the rules of where you are. But be advised that the European Commission does not respond quickly. You may have to hire a lawyer if you want it to be dealt with as soon as possible.