ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non eea rights in uk

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhamdsamy

Non eea rights in uk

Post by mhamdsamy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Hello i applied for housing in my area for me and my son (he is nritish) but his mom eea with pr card . I got refused letter today because i am non eea national . And i am separated to my eea wife . They cant accept . I made up my mind to rent from land lord . But i wana ask . I thought they should treat family members of eu national as europeans . As long as not divorce . The decision maker didnt give any more details . Is it better to divorce and get ROR ?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Non eea rights in uk

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:25 pm

mhamdsamy wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:19 pm
Hello i applied for housing in my area for me and my son (he is nritish) but his mom eea with pr card . I got refused letter today because i am non eea national . And i am separated to my eea wife . They cant accept . I made up my mind to rent from land lord . But i wana ask . I thought they should treat family members of eu national as europeans . As long as not divorce . The decision maker didnt give any more details . Is it better to divorce and get ROR ?
They are wrong indeed. If you are married you are entitled until you divorce.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: Non eea rights in uk

Post by Wise » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Obei, just to let you know even if you're divorced non EU with valid RC/EU you can rent a house from any Housing Association without any problem as a worker.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.