ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa approved but havent recevied TB cert back

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pklaire
Newly Registered

Spouse visa approved but havent recevied TB cert back

Post by Pklaire » Wed May 31, 2017 2:36 pm

My wifes visa has been granted today (hooray!!!) but I was wondering if she needs her original TB certificate when she arrives? This is still with the UKVI and our lawayer has advised to get a new one which I don't think is right.

any thoughts are welcome.

maibm
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa approved but havent recevied TB cert back

Post by maibm » Wed May 31, 2017 9:16 pm

The certificate does state your wife will need this when entering the UK. The certificate states the following:

You must carry this certificate with you, in your hand luggage, when you travel to the UK and present it to the Immigration Officer on arrival. Failure to do so will result in a delay to your journey......

I suggest you follow up on this and ensure you get it back. If not then I would say that your wife should get another TB test done ASAP.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:00 am

They dont ask for it - at least they didn't when my wife came. The original would get sent back to the UK address of the sponsor and the fact that the visa was granted means the requirements were fulfilled with regards the TB certificate. In any case I would think a copy would be sufficient if you feel the need to have something.

Pklaire
Newly Registered

Post by Pklaire » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks for the replies.

My wife went to get another test but the doctor said there is no need. She has a copy of the original and i think this will be fine.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 am

Pklaire,

Just a quick question. When your wife got the passport back in the mail, did it come with any instruction paper on where she should collect her BRP?

Pklaire
Newly Registered

Post by Pklaire » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:41 am

Yes it did include the address of the post office where we will collect the brp from