ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing surname in naturalisation cert and British Passpor

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolguy20k15

Changing surname in naturalisation cert and British Passpor

Post by coolguy20k15 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Hello All,

My wife (previously having Indian passport) recently got her British passport on her maiden name. We have surrendered her Indian passport (issued on her maiden name) and now she only got British citizenship (no other citizenships).

On her naturalisation certificate he got her maiden name and so as on her British passport.

She now wants to change her maiden surname to my surname (marriage surname). For that I imagine I need to change the surname on her naturalisation certificate first and then use that certificate to reissue British passport on her marriage surname. I have got our marriage certificate showing her maiden name and my name. And I will make a deed poll for the change in surname.

I cannot find a form / details for how to change the surname in naturalisation certificate and British passport.

If anyone has done it before or have some knowledge about it then I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing surname in naturalisation cert and British Pass

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm

No you dont have to change certificate, do a deed poll changing her name and apply for new passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.