ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by Gwf001 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Exaxtly the same thing they told me that they couldn't find my reference no. In the system!! Im worried now as i got back all my supporting docs and the passport but no decision!

Mohsin1987ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mohsin1987ali » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:35 pm

Gwf001 wrote:Exaxtly the same thing they told me that they couldn't find my reference no. In the system!! Im worried now as i got back all my supporting docs and the passport but no decision!
But they have my wifes passport

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Hey Mohsin ,
Do you mind telling the Salary of Sponser ?
And also i believe you shouldnt worry much with the fact that you have completed the 6 months cycle so decision could be anytime now In sha Allah !!
Stay positive!!

Mohsin1987ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mohsin1987ali » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:00 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Hey Mohsin ,
Do you mind telling the Salary of Sponser ?
And also i believe you shouldnt worry much with the fact that you have completed the 6 months cycle so decision could be anytime now In sha Allah !!
Stay positive!!
£23000 self employed
I also sent new tax return and SA302 in April
After i received the email that i dont meet minimum income threshold

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:04 pm

Are you Reffering to the On hold Generic Email you received ?

Mohsin1987ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mohsin1987ali » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:05 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:Are you Reffering to the On hold Generic Email you received ?
Yes

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Well i strongly Believe its Generic unless they want to change the Threshhold after 22nd Feb Ruling , but then that should only be applicable for people applying post 22nd Feb No ?

I Know someone who paid priority and then received On Hold Email but then got his result in 2 months !
but yes the Salary of the sponser was around £28000 and a known Company!

Anyways you please keep us posted whenever you receive your Passport Stamped so atleast we can know that people with On Hold Application are getting Results!

Regards!

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

I called the new number today and asked for an update.

I gave them the GWF number as reference and they told me that there was no such number in their system.

I then mentioned the VAF number that came along with the email once application was prepared for consideration. They told me that this record is there in the system and is under consideration and awaiting approvals. After calling them every week with GWF number didnt serve any purpose. I tried the VAF number today and they gave me a status.

Please try with the VAF number next time and hopefully you will get a reply.

I applied on 7th March and submitted my biometrics on 15th march in Mumbai, India.
For my timeline updates please refer to the India timeline thread.
I am still waiting.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:00 pm

Hey guys hope
Evergone is ok.....
No update from me.... still waiting
20 weeks ....applied from India
Please if anyone gets any results or updates please let us know tbanks

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:59 am

levisworkedupon wrote:Well i strongly Believe its Generic unless they want to change the Threshhold after 22nd Feb Ruling , but then that should only be applicable for people applying post 22nd Feb No ?

I Know someone who paid priority and then received On Hold Email but then got his result in 2 months !
but yes the Salary of the sponser was around £28000 and a known Company!

Anyways you please keep us posted whenever you receive your Passport Stamped so atleast we can know that people with On Hold Application are getting Results!

Regards!
Even if they change rule that won't have retrospective impact. That would be applicable for the applicants applying after the implementation of new rule not on the ones who applied previously.

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:37 am

Applied on 16th January 17.
Hold email received on 3rd March 17

Up to 20 weeks now, After contacting so many time I received information, application is still on hold, not sure how long it is going to be. We will contact when the decision is made.

Income is much higher than Min income.

Such a lame excuse from UKVI, stating supreme court judgement owing. Looking at various post from it seems it is just a politics of holding random application where ECO unable to get the full picture of application easily.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 pm

All of you guys who have waited more than 20 weeks, did you get the "case not straight forward" email? And why was it not straight forward? Was it because of the income requirement?

Hasn't the supreme court already passed their judgment on the MIR? Nothing has changed really so why is the HO still taking their time?

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:22 pm

To me, I think It is just their laziness. how silly is that they cant get a decision in 20 weeks for one application and just putting on hold and saying Supreme court judgment or "saying case not straight forward" after 20 weeks. its not a rocket science. Not enough educated to assess clean evidence. Its shows that the department is the most illiterate and irresponsible.

Whatever we ask, either they dont reply or send a generic email.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Aren't the HO obliged to process all applications within 24 weeks (6 months)? It's in their service standards and I'm just wondering if anyone had their application in process beyond the 24 week time frame.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:29 pm

randyjan wrote:Hi I'm new to this website I'm finding it really hard dealing with getting my wife over to the UK as I have no family help
Anyways my situation is me and my wife got married March last year applied for her visa in December this year and she submitted the documents on the 16th December.. Today my wife received this email today

Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some settlement applications – in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British Citizens and other settled persons sponsoring visa applications, or where children are involved.

The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgement. All other applications will continue to be processed and decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application and your documents are being returned whilst this pause is in place. If you submitted a passport with your application, this will be returned to you under separate cover through the Visa Application Centre where you applied.

As soon as we are able to conclude the application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration

Has anybody ever come across this does this mean the visa was rejected

Dear Mr Randyjan , did you receive a decision on your Application? Since it seema you got done eith your Biometricsin mid Dec2016 ?
So we can get an idea if on hold applications are being sorted after completing such number of months?

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:32 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:Aren't the HO obliged to process all applications within 24 weeks (6 months)? It's in their service standards and I'm just wondering if anyone had their application in process beyond the 24 week time frame.
Exactly UKBA service standard says that all applications should be processed within 24 weeks and they can't hold lot of applications for so long. So hopefully all of you guys will receive decision anytime soon.

randyjan
Newly Registered

Post by randyjan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:15 am

no still no decision or updates on my visa case

Dear Mr Randyjan , did you receive a decision on your Application? Since it seema you got done eith your Biometricsin mid Dec2016 ?
So we can get an idea if on hold applications are being sorted after completing such number of months?[/quote]

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:50 am

So whoener got supreme court mail mist be in category other than A eh?

rai75
United Kingdom

Post by rai75 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:40 am

I submitted my application in March for my wife who is from India (to come to UK via Spouse visa), and wanted to ask if you have not heard from the embassy does that mean my application is not on hold? As some applications were put on hold in Feb 2017.

Also, would you expect the hear from the embassy by 64 days? (4 days for the UK bank holidays to be taken into account since application went in) eg more or less 13 weeks? It has been 11 weeks for me now since application went in.

Please advise

rvg1212
Newly Registered

Post by rvg1212 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:37 am

levisworkedupon wrote:Hey Rvg 1212 ,
1: Can you please inform when were your biometrics and did you or your employer get any inquiries call from HO ?

2: Did you also receive 2 emails App on hold while other not straight forward?

Your reply would be much appreciated!

I would also like to request all other users to please keep posted whenever anyone gets their Application concluded so atleast we know if the hold has been put off .
Regards

1 My bio-metrics were taken on the day of my application i.e. 30.12.2016 and as far as I know, my employer has not received any call from HO neither did I.

2. Yes,I've also received those 2 emails of application on hold as it is not straightforward.

Later when I did email forms, they said its in progress but on call, my husband got response that it was never on progress. Hence I requested to escalate the case via email form and received a response that it is on hold since 6th March. :(

Unexpected reckless and insensible behavior of UKVI staff! :x

rvg1212
Newly Registered

Post by rvg1212 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:39 am

Raj86 wrote:Hey Rvg 1212

We r on the same boat
I have applied ahmedabad too....
Jan 2017 the only difference is tht I recived only one mail
Which was application on hold... that's it....
Everything else is ok ... no child no income problems
Etc .... I would appreciate if u check this form everyday for any updates and please if u get any info or anything please let me know and All....

Sure. I'll keep updated. Wish you all the best for sooner positive conclusion.

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:01 am

rvg1212 wrote:
Raj86 wrote:Hey Rvg 1212

We r on the same boat
I have applied ahmedabad too....
Jan 2017 the only difference is tht I recived only one mail
Which was application on hold... that's it....
Everything else is ok ... no child no income problems
Etc .... I would appreciate if u check this form everyday for any updates and please if u get any info or anything please let me know and All....

Sure. I'll keep updated. Wish you all the best for sooner positive conclusion.

Anyone whos calling/ emailing UKVI- please quote your VAF number that you may have received a few days after submitting your biometrics. It seems the GWF number doesnt serve any purpose once VAF number is generated. i hope this helps.

rai75
United Kingdom

Post by rai75 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:02 pm

Does anyone know if the spouse visa's were stopped for a while for people coming into the UK? Not put on HOLD but stopped? Someone said they were running again now - I just wanted to know who long were they stopped for - I think they were either stopped in Feb 2017 or March 2017. Would anyone know? If it is meant to take 13 weeks to get a decision, would we have to add on the stoppage time - does anyone know?

Gwf001
Newly Registered

Post by Gwf001 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:33 pm

I dont think so! Coz my neighbor applied in March end and he received it three days back. It was straightforward case which means he applied with Category A income

rai75
United Kingdom

Post by rai75 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Gwf001 wrote:I dont think so! Coz my neighbor applied in March end and he received it three days back. It was straightforward case which means he applied with Category A income

What is classed a Category A income? I know someone who earns 34k and is still waiting after 12 weeks. He applied a week before me and heard nothing.