ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas criminal record certificate for tier 2 extention

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

underfire222

Overseas criminal record certificate for tier 2 extention

Post by underfire222 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:48 am

Hi everyone,

I have an important question please.
I work in yhe health sector and currently extending my tier 2 visa with in the UK with the same sponsor.

I have heard about this new requirment for an overseas criminal record certificate. Is that needed for tier 2 visa extention in the Uk???
My understanding is that it only applies for entry clearance for those applying outside the UK.

Would be great if any one who recently applied for an extension in the uk to give me some reassurance as I have booked a premium visa appointment and donot have a recent criminal record certificate from my home country at the moment.

Many thanks

Joebloggs23
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas criminal record certificate for tier 2 extentio

Post by Joebloggs23 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:13 pm

I spoke to an official on the phone about this yesterday and he said the criminal check is for new applicants only and does not apply to extensions. There was also no mention of it when I conducted the online application and it was not asked for as one of the supporting documents that needs to be provided.

This is only my experience but hopefully it helps. Good luck

underfire222

Re: Overseas criminal record certificate for tier 2 extentio

Post by underfire222 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:14 am

Thank you very much joe

kesavan
Newly Registered
India

Re: Overseas criminal record certificate for tier 2 extention

Post by kesavan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Hello Guys,
Further to the discussion above, We are trying to extend my wife's Tier 2 (General) dependent visa within UK and have been getting mixed information about the criminal record certificate. Can someone kindly confirm if there extension application worked without the criminal record certificate please for our peace of mind.

Many thanks in advance!

PR890
Newly Registered
India

Post by PR890 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:11 pm

kesavan wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:57 pm
Hello Guys,
Further to the discussion above, We are trying to extend my wife's Tier 2 (General) dependent visa within UK and have been getting mixed information about the criminal record certificate. Can someone kindly confirm if there extension application worked without the criminal record certificate please for our peace of mind.

Many thanks in advance!
No you don't need one. I switched from Tier-2 General to Tier 2 (General) Dependent visa 2 weeks back , I didn't submit one and got my visa approved last week. So you are good.

kesavan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kesavan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:11 pm

Thanks a lot for your re-assurance..that's really helpful.

Best Wishes!