ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI Contact Form for Status Update

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nehakhan1
Newly Registered

Re: UKVI Contact Form for Status Update

Post by Nehakhan1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:56 pm

A quick question guys I called them today asking about my husband's visa and they said to me 'the application is still to reach the decesion centre' she won't give me any explanation about what that means!? Anyone has an idea? We applied on the 27th April

cnrlln
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by cnrlln » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Nehakhan1 wrote:A quick question guys I called them today asking about my husband's visa and they said to me 'the application is still to reach the decesion centre' she won't give me any explanation about what that means!? Anyone has an idea? We applied on the 27th April
Who was responsible for sending off his application and your supporting documents? Did you do it yourself or did you seek legal help to prepare your application.

UKVI are practically saying (or at least what I'm taking from it anyway) that your application never made it to the relevant centre for processing.

I'd chase this up with whomever was responsible for sending your finished application and supporting documents.

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I called the new number today and asked for an update.

I gave them the GWF number as reference and they told me that there was no such number in their system.

I then mentioned the VAF number that came along with the email once application was prepared for consideration. They told me that this record is there in the system and in under consideration and awaiting approvals. After calling them every week with GWF number didnt serve any purpose. I tried the VAF number today and they gave me a status.

Please try with the VAF number next time and hopefully you will get a reply.

I applied on 7th March and submitted my biometrics on 15th march in Mumbai, India.
For my timeline updates please refer to the India timeline thread.
I am still waiting.

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

I called the new number today and asked for an update.

I gave them the GWF number as reference and they told me that there was no such number in their system.

I then mentioned the VAF number that came along with the email once application was prepared for consideration. They told me that this record is there in the system and is under consideration and awaiting approvals. After calling them every week with GWF number didnt serve any purpose. I tried the VAF number today and they gave me a status.

I applied on 7th March and submitted my biometrics on 15th march in Mumbai, India.
I am still waiting.

cnrlln
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by cnrlln » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:44 pm

Neosprin wrote: I then mentioned the VAF number that came along with the email once application was prepared for consideration. They told me that this record is there in the system and is under consideration and awaiting approvals. After calling them every week with GWF number didnt serve any purpose. I tried the VAF number today and they gave me a status.

This is interesting to know, may have to try this. I'm currently in the sky at the moment but will be landing in to see wifey in around 8 hours time. I'll have a look for her VAF number when I get there.
Neosprin wrote: I applied on 7th March and submitted my biometrics on 15th march in Mumbai, India.
I am still waiting.
Have you looked at escalating your case? Or have your received a 'case not straightforward' email?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Neosprin,

What's the new number you called them on?

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:57 am

Have you looked at escalating your case? Or have your received a 'case not straightforward' email?[/quote]

Yes i have escalated the matter multiple times since 20th April with the GWF number but there has been no revert.

I havent received any email stating "case not straightforward".

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:04 am

pixelrage09 wrote:Neosprin,

What's the new number you called them on?
The revised contacts are:
By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.
Also they will charge 20 GBP in the begining of the call. That is the base fee.
It is a rip off but one doesnt mind paying to get an update.
Tip: please have your questions ready.
eg. Status of my visa, VAF status, what is the last status date, what are the different stages of visa approval etc.
i asked the first 3 qts' and the operator was helpful in probing questions.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.
You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.
Before you can type an email, you have make payment.

you can also check - https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:05 am

not sure why my posts get put up twice

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:52 am

With the new 5.48 charge per email - there are no charges for follow-ups. What does that mean? Can you get a status update every few days by paying the £5.48 once?

Will be great if anyone with experience can comment

Thanks

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:18 pm

@Neosprin

Is it 20 quid for a set number of minutes and then additional 1.37 thereafter or does the call cost start at 1.37 per minute for the first minute and additional 20 pounds thereafter?

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:10 am

pixelrage09 wrote:@Neosprin

Is it 20 quid for a set number of minutes and then additional 1.37 thereafter or does the call cost start at 1.37 per minute for the first minute and additional 20 pounds thereafter?

the call didnt last for more than 10 mins so i was chrged 20 quids. that was my second call since the first call after talking for 4 mins had dropped due to network issue at my end. so total per call was 20 quids each.

i suppose its 1.37 quids after 20 is exhausted.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Neosprin wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:@Neosprin

the call didnt last for more than 10 mins so i was chrged 20 quids. that was my second call since the first call after talking for 4 mins had dropped due to network issue at my end. so total per call was 20 quids each.

i suppose its 1.37 quids after 20 is exhausted.
Wow! That is such extortion to charge you 20 quids for 4 minutes especially considering that the agents hang up on you deliberately sometimes. I've had a few times when an agent would hang up on me right after providing all the CC details so it scares me to think I'll be charged 20 quid for every time this happens.