ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swilliams1
Newly Registered

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by swilliams1 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Still no clear information from the government or any sources of authority. I cannot imagine how distressing this must be for anyone affected.

I am applying for Bangkok and am following closely the local forums. Yesterday someone received the dreaded 'on hold' email, applying for the spouse settlement visa, and was sure that her husband clearly met the minimum income requirement.

I am hoping this freedom of information request will be answered soon as it asks more specific questions than a previous one, which doesn't tell us much at all.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ications_o

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... pause_sett

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:11 pm

rai75 wrote:
Gwf001 wrote:I dont think so! Coz my neighbor applied in March end and he received it three days back. It was straightforward case which means he applied with Category A income

What is classed a Category A income? I know someone who earns 34k and is still waiting after 12 weeks. He applied a week before me and heard nothing.
Category A or B is salaried employment from the partner that is settled in the UK. You can find what the different categories are here: http://www.aff.org.uk/linkedfiles/aff/a ... ements.pdf

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:14 pm

swilliams1 wrote:Still no clear information from the government or any sources of authority. I cannot imagine how distressing this must be for anyone affected.

I am applying for Bangkok and am following closely the local forums. Yesterday someone received the dreaded 'on hold' email, applying for the spouse settlement visa, and was sure that her husband clearly met the minimum income requirement.

I am hoping this freedom of information request will be answered soon as it asks more specific questions than a previous one, which doesn't tell us much at all.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ications_o

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... pause_sett
I'm afraid you may not get an answer from Home Office for your FOI request. I made a similar FOI request regarding entry clearance and they said they don't answer questions relating to visa queries from outside the UK under the FOI act and I was told to contact UKVI instead.

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi pixelrage0 did you receive decision on your application?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:37 pm

addy321 wrote:Hi pixelrage0 did you receive decision on your application?
No, we have not received a decision yet. We did our biometrics on 3rd February 2017 and are still waiting. On May 10, we got the "case not straightforward" email and we have heard nothing ever since.

Did you get any information on your case so far?

randyjan
Newly Registered

Post by randyjan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:34 am

I applied on the 16th of December 2016 my case has been over 24 weeks

addy321 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:Aren't the HO obliged to process all applications within 24 weeks (6 months)? It's in their service standards and I'm just wondering if anyone had their application in process beyond the 24 week time frame.
Exactly UKBA service standard says that all applications should be processed within 24 weeks and they can't hold lot of applications for so long. So hopefully all of you guys will receive decision anytime soon.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:17 am

@Randyjan,

Why haven't you contacted the ombudsman yet and filed a complaint? UKVI are obliged to make a decision on your application within 24 weeks. At least get your solicitor and MP to contact them and shake a few trees.

Any reason why you're on hold? Is it due to the Supreme court judgement?

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:47 am

pixelrage09 wrote:
No, we have not received a decision yet. We did our biometrics on 3rd February 2017 and are still waiting. On May 10, we got the "case not straightforward" email and we have heard nothing ever since.

Yeah Alhamdulillah I have got visa.

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:07 am

addy321 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

Congratulations!
Can you please share with us the details of your application?
Bio date?
On hold email receive date?
where did you apply from?
do you meet the financial?
was your application straight forward?

Thank you for your help!

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:14 am

avivbr wrote:
addy321 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

Congratulations!
Can you please share with us the details of your application?
Bio date?
On hold email receive date?
where did you apply from?
do you meet the financial?
was your application straight forward?

Thank you for your help!
Thanks Avivbr.
I applied on March 16, 2017 from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. I am just following this thread but I never received on hold or case not straightforward email from British embassy Riyadh (as cases in saudi are dealt by Riyadh embassy rather than Sheffield).

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:16 am

addy321 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

Hey Addy321 can you share your complete timeline with city applying from ?
Much Appreciated!

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:20 am

levisworkedupon wrote:
addy321 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

Hey Addy321 can you share your complete timeline with city applying from ?
Much Appreciated!
Please refer to my last message to avivbr

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:27 pm

addy321 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

I think your application is not related to the problem people on this thread are experiencing, as all of them had received the "on hold" email and their application is paused because of this situation.

randyjan
Newly Registered

Post by randyjan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:42 pm

I have rang the was just told to contact them via email have emailed them twice now even went to see my solictor he rang them up just said it's on hold I will contact my local mp be t week on the hold it's just stated due to Supreme Court your case is on hold
pixelrage09 wrote:@Randyjan,

Why haven't you contacted the ombudsman yet and filed a complaint? UKVI are obliged to make a decision on your application within 24 weeks. At least get your solicitor and MP to contact them and shake a few trees.

Any reason why you're on hold? Is it due to the Supreme court judgement?

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:17 am

Hello All, its suprising to see so many people in the same boat, I thought I would be the only one!

My situation as follows: Wife and I applied for me step sons settlement visa from Brazil using priority service on March 7th

Haven't heard anything since 15th May an email comes through for a document request my tax return which was submitted but mysteriously vanished....

We emailed them all documents as they stated and heard nothing since. While all this was happening I got in touch with my local MPs secretary who kindly put an enquiry into her contact in the home office, and they said our application was on hold because I don't meet the financial requirements even though I do just from my self employment..... We used an OISC Immigration solicitor so there is no way that they would submit an application knowing I don't reach the requirements.... It seems to be a bit of an excuse really. Anyway I contacted the visa office responsible for my application which told me they had yet to receive the document they requested (even though we did send it in twice) I re-sent the email for the third time and got a very personal prompt response saying the documents are fine and please be advised I will receive an update very soon. this was 5 days ago.... I didn't receive any email about the application going on hold and have had no passport back even though the enquiry raised by MP states that my application had been put on hold however further to this document was requested by the visa decision centre..... Fingers crossed everyone looks like they have a huge backlog to clear and are awaiting a decision from the home office headquarters how to interpret any further applications made.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:28 am

Untraceable wrote:Hello All, its suprising to see so many people in the same boat, I thought I would be the only one!

My situation as follows: Wife and I applied for me step sons settlement visa from Brazil using priority service on March 7th

Haven't heard anything since 15th May an email comes through for a document request my tax return which was submitted but mysteriously vanished....

We emailed them all documents as they stated and heard nothing since. While all this was happening I got in touch with my local MPs secretary who kindly put an enquiry into her contact in the home office, and they said our application was on hold because I don't meet the financial requirements even though I do just from my self employment..... We used an OISC Immigration solicitor so there is no way that they would submit an application knowing I don't reach the requirements.... It seems to be a bit of an excuse really. Anyway I contacted the visa office responsible for my application which told me they had yet to receive the document they requested (even though we did send it in twice) I re-sent the email for the third time and got a very personal prompt response saying the documents are fine and please be advised I will receive an update very soon. this was 5 days ago.... I didn't receive any email about the application going on hold and have had no passport back even though the enquiry raised by MP states that my application had been put on hold however further to this document was requested by the visa decision centre..... Fingers crossed everyone looks like they have a huge backlog to clear and are awaiting a decision from the home office headquarters how to interpret any further applications made.
What was your Salary or Income ?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:34 am

Untraceable wrote:Hello All, its suprising to see so many people in the same boat, I thought I would be the only one!

What was the prompt email did you get from the visa office? Mind sharing it with us please?

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:35 am

Hi the reply was

Dear Mr ****

Thankyou for sending us the requested document, they are fine, please be aware you will receive another email regarding your application.

Kind Regards

UKVI decision making centre.....

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:39 am

levisworkedupon wrote:

What was your Salary or Income ?
My gross was close to £50,000 and profits about £26,000 all tax paid up to date all accounts audited by a registered chartered accountant. All relevant paperwork regarding tax has been submitted. It looks like a order from the home office to pretty much 95% of settlement applicants....

davy550
Newly Registered

Post by davy550 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:44 am

Hi, guys. Just to let you know we just received the msg today a decision has been made on our application after 3 months waiting (Sheffield received our application on 5 March). Met all requirements and wasn't contacted by UKVI. Finger cross a visa.

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:47 am

My Immigration solicitor has just told me they are getting all sorts of excuses for the delay in processing application with the settlement route. One customer has been over 6 months, he put in a complaint with UK visa asking for his money back as they were over the time limit, within days of the complaint his application was processed.

Thinking about it, it makes me wonder if this email is being sent out generically because they are unable to process the mass applications from 6 months ago including all the appeals which would have fallen for refusal before the supreme court ruling. So rather than to say (sorry we are so busy and can't do yoir application) they say they are unable to process it because of these laws, that way the applicant (you and I) dont really have a reason to say can I have a refund please because you've failed to deliver a service... It's starting to make sense seeing how many people who are well within the financial rules are with their applications on hold. Technically by them sending the documents back and using the court ruling they don't hold any responsibility and you can't say humans rights. I really hope the home office decides the new rules ASAP for the benefit of those families who are apart.

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:49 am

davy550 wrote:Hi, guys. Just to let you know we just received the msg today a decision has been made on our application after 3 months waiting (Sheffield received our application on 5 March). Met all requirements and wasn't contacted by UKVI. Finger cross a visa.

Congratulations, you are one of the lucky few... Best of luck I'm sure will all be ok especially having to had waited for 3 months! Keep us posted on the outcome!

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:06 pm

davy550 wrote:Hi, guys. Just to let you know we just received the msg today a decision has been made on our application after 3 months waiting (Sheffield received our application on 5 March). Met all requirements and wasn't contacted by UKVI. Finger cross a visa.
Hi davy,

thanks for sharing the news. Good to see another report of decision being made and something coming out of Sheffield. Will keep fingers crossed for you.

Out of interest, was yours a standard or priority application?

Thanks
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Congrats Davy,

At least one of us poor souls have got a decision and found a way out of the endless waiting. As the saying goes, "No rest for the wicked" :cry:

davy550
Newly Registered

Post by davy550 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:42 pm

SimonS wrote:
Hi davy,

thanks for sharing the news. Good to see another report of decision being made and something coming out of Sheffield. Will keep fingers crossed for you.

Out of interest, was yours a standard or priority application?

Thanks
Simon
Standard application