ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

£18600 Financial Requirement with 2 jobs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lornaa2014
Newly Registered

£18600 Financial Requirement with 2 jobs

Post by Lornaa2014 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi there

I really need some advice. I recently applied for a family visit visa for my husband which was denied because the ECO said he had shown no ties to his home country apart from his employment and since his wife (me) is based in the UK they did not feel as though he would return to his home country. I am really angry and upset at this, especially as they have put us in a situation where we cannot apply again as the reasoning given is something that we can't get around (he has been at his job for 8 years which we provided evidence of, but he has no other economic ties to his country and while he does have family i.e. mom and sisters, I don't think that this would be enough to convince the ECO.)

So we have decided to cut our losses and just apply for a spouse visa (ideally, he would have liked to have visited here first but it doesn't seem as though that is going to be an option now.)

I am a recent graduate and am currently in temporary work which does not pay anywhere near enough to meet the financial requirement. I am applying constantly for jobs however while I have been invited to interviews, the roles are generally around the £16000 salary mark. I would be completely willing to work part time at the weekend to bring my salary up to the required amount, however I am unsure as to whether I could still apply after 6 months if I did so. Generally people seem to be saying that I would have to wait 12 months and apply under Category B, however I have seen two people (one on this forum I think, and one on another forum) say that they applied with two jobs under Category A and the visa was accepted.

Can anybody shed any light please as my interviews are coming up this week but if accepting them would mean that I would have to work 2 jobs for 12 months before I could apply for the visa I think I would probably be better off holding out for a higher paying role.

Any help would be very much appreciated as this whole situation is really getting me down now.

Thank you in advance

L

Rayking

Re: £18600 Financial Requirement with 2 jobs

Post by Rayking » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm

You can apply even tomorrow as long as you meet the financial requirements and ALL other requirements & secondly, if you haven't told them anything before that will contradict what you gonna tell them now.
Thirdly, your hubby can reapply if he can show his ties to home country, that means he's gainfully employed there with good or fair income and can show that with his pay slips and bank statements, letter from his employer, if he's got property as well,just everything to proof he will go back if granted the visa.
You can apply with cat A if you done the job for at least 6 month,you simply need to explain with additional information.
Or if you get the second job n what you've earned is greater or equal to 18600 with your first job.
What is important is getting to that number,doesn't matter if it's 10 jobs.
You don't necessarily need to wait 12 months if you've got a job at the mo,just get a second job to get to that number.

Lornaa2014
Newly Registered

Post by Lornaa2014 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Rayking wrote:You can apply even tomorrow as long as you meet the financial requirements and ALL other requirements & secondly, if you haven't told them anything before that will contradict what you gonna tell them now.
Thirdly, your hubby can reapply if he can show his ties to home country, that means he's gainfully employed there with good or fair income and can show that with his pay slips and bank statements, letter from his employer, if he's got property as well,just everything to proof he will go back if granted the visa.
You can apply with cat A if you done the job for at least 6 month,you simply need to explain with additional information.
Or if you get the second job n what you've earned is greater or equal to 18600 with your first job.
What is important is getting to that number,doesn't matter if it's 10 jobs.
You don't necessarily need to wait 12 months if you've got a job at the mo,just get a second job to get to that
number.
No I don't meet the financial requirement yet that's what I'm saying. I know I'll have to work at least 6 months but I was just wondering whether i would have to show 12 months of pay slips instead of 6 if I worked two jobs.

We showed his payslips and a letter from his employer and they still refused us. Their exact reason was: 'given as your wife works and resides in the United Kingdom you have not shown any economic or social ties to your home country apart from your employment'

The thing is we have no other evidence to show. We gave bank statements and a letter from his employer (which, incidentally, is a well-known, International brand) which showed he had worked there for 8 years but he has no property or land and he has social ties in the form of his mother and sisters, but to be honest I think they would still say that the fact his wife lives in the UK means he's likely to overstay. I've given up on the prospect of getting a visitor visa so I'm just going to wait and apply for the spouse visa which is regrettable as I wanted him to at least have a taste of England before he decided to move here.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm

I can understand your frustration,unfortunately this people don't see it that way.Everything has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt.
Pay slips you need to show depend on what cat you're applying on.
6 months for cat A
12 months for cat B
If 2 jobs,all your pay slips for 6 months under cat A
If 2 jobs,all your pay slips for 12 months under cat B

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:40 pm

Hi
Rayking could u further elaborate
I think u cannt combine two jobs in category A, its clearly evident with the texts and with examples in FM guidance, only if u working below threshold u have to combine with other categories like with category C, D or F.

Even in category B evidence shud be met in two parts just to compensate less than 6 months or in variable income, but threshold level job shud be maintained in both two parts. so its not possible to combine two jobs and have that threshold level.
The example of photographer in category B in FM guidance clearly mention this , even he earned 19K in variable jobs in 6 months but he had to earned 20K in last 12 months.

Yes u can combine with other categories to have threshold level met.

regards
Rizmir

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:03 am

I think ppl r confusing regarding category B. The think that combination is mentioned in category B so one can combine two jobs to have threshold level earning, its totally negligence.

Only combination is allowed because one has been earning less than 6 months or in variable jobs. But still one has been earning threshold level employment not below threshold level.
So ppl r mixing things its never a single clue even in examples in FM-Guidance that one has been earning below threshold level and he/she combined other job to meet that threshold level, not a single clue.

The examples clearly showed there that one has been earning threshold level job but because he/she been in employment less tha 6 months or in variable income so he/she shud has been earning the threshold level earning within the last 12 months, so two parts shud be met not two jobs to get that level, coz level already be there in both jobs.

hope this will throw some light to the issue.

regards
Rizmir

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 am

To be honest, I don't understand your question, I think it's always best to ask question as it is peculiar to you,ppl always have different scenario.
All I know is that with cat B,you've earned the money,it doesn't matter if it's 5 jobs or 2,that's y the pay slips will be for 12 months.it's simply adding your gross in d past 12 months back.
With cat A and combining job,just go through the forum,you will see someone that has combined jobs b4.
Of course I used cat A for an application but I did ask forum for question peculiar to my case.

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi Rayking i can post example from FM guidance to clear my point that u cannt combine incomes from salaried or non-salaried income to meet the threshold like say u bben earning 14K in one job and 5K in another job and combining both to meet the threshold,

thats y they mentioned in both parts of category B like under part 1 of category they mentioned u can combine this income with other non-employment income(category C, D) to meet the financial requirement and same thing they mentioned under part 2 that u can combine this income with other non-employment income(category C, D), they never said that u can combine income of part 1 with part to meet the threshold instead they mentioned that
''coz u been earning the minimum threshold level earning under part 1 and in addition to this u must have been earning the minimum threshold level earning in last 12 months''.

Example (b) The applicant‟s partner works in the UK. She started a new job 3 weeks ago. Her gross annual salary is £20,000. She meets part (1) of the calculation for Category B because she is in salaried employment at the date of application and her gross annual salary at the date of application meets the financial requirement.
In addition, she must have received in the 12 months prior to the application the level of income required to part (2) of the calculation for Category B. But she has had no other job in the last 12 months as she has been travelling. The financial requirement is met under part (1) of Category B because the applicant‟s partner is currently in a job paying at least £18,600, but not under part (2) as she has not earned at least £18,600 from employment in the last 12 months. Therefore the applicant cannot meet the financial requirement using Category B.
i highlighted in bold that still in two jobs or u can say variable jobs at least threshold level income must be satisfied. its not u earn 10K ion one job and in other job u earn like 9K so u can combine both to hve threshold level instead if u go to paragraph under part1 and part2 they mentioned within the parts that if need u can combine with other non-employment income(like category C,D) to meet the financial requirement.

regards
Rizmir

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi Rayking i can post example from FM guidance to clear my point that u cannt combine incomes from salaried or non-salaried income to meet the threshold like say u bben earning 14K in one job and 5K in another job and combining both to meet the threshold,

thats y they mentioned in both parts of category B like under part 1 of category they mentioned u can combine this income with other non-employment income(category C, D) to meet the financial requirement and same thing they mentioned under part 2 that u can combine this income with other non-employment income(category C, D), they never said that u can combine income of part 1 with part to meet the threshold instead they mentioned that
''coz u been earning the minimum threshold level earning under part 1 and in addition to this u must have been earning the minimum threshold level earning in last 12 months''.

Example (b) The applicant‟s partner works in the UK. She started a new job 3 weeks ago. Her gross annual salary is £20,000. She meets part (1) of the calculation for Category B because she is in salaried employment at the date of application and her gross annual salary at the date of application meets the financial requirement.
In addition, she must have received in the 12 months prior to the application the level of income required to part (2) of the calculation for Category B. But she has had no other job in the last 12 months as she has been travelling. The financial requirement is met under part (1) of Category B because the applicant‟s partner is currently in a job paying at least £18,600, but not under part (2) as she has not earned at least £18,600 from employment in the last 12 months. Therefore the applicant cannot meet the financial requirement using Category B.
i highlighted in bold that still in two jobs or u can say variable jobs at least threshold level income must be satisfied. its not u earn 10K ion one job and in other job u earn like 9K so u can combine both to hve threshold level instead if u go to paragraph under part1 and part2 they mentioned within the parts that if need u can combine with other non-employment income(like category C,D) to meet the financial requirement.

regards
Rizmir

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Well,if you believe income can't be combined, the best is for you to wait till you're confident to apply.
The example given is simple to understand in my opinion, she is on salary of 20000 per annum and she started the job 3 weeks b4 application but she hasn't GOT ANY OTHER JOB PRIOR TO HER THE NEW JOB. To meet financial requirement under cat B she needs to have been employed prior to her application and must have earned the 18600 or she can add the salary earned in the second job to meet up.
If you're applying, I suggest you check through some that have used either cat A or B,they might help with their experiences.
Combining income from non employment income is also possible so it depends on individual circumstances.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:57 pm

To answer the OP, as Rayking explained... yes you can use 2 jobs and apply under Cat A. This has been a question that has come up a number of times and people have been successful in doing so. Although it does not state anywhere that you can use 2 jobs for Cat A, there is also nothing stating you CANNOT use 2 jobs.

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi
If u combine two jobs and been held from 6 months then that will be included in variable income of category B, for which u must hve been earning the threshold level another job in the last 12 monrhs. This is clearly evident in photographer example in FM- Guidance under categoey B,hve a look pls

Regards
Rizmir

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Also Catwgory A requires to be with same employer since 6 months so it automatically excludes the 2nd job option, coz u hve to be with the same employer since 6 months

If u do 2nd job then u automatically fall under variable income of category B, coz more than 1 employers involved.

If u know ppl on this forum by using two jobs under categoey A then would be more elaborating but i hvnt seen on this forum yet

Regards
Rizmir

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:49 am

The example using the photographer is in regards to someone who meets the requirement but is not in regular employment - therefore the income is variable. Re-read the example you are referring to, it does not apply to the OP situation unless she is getting lots of short term contracts from an agency or on something like a zero hours contract that varies monthly.

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 am

Thanks Hopeful

I think u exposed the hidden scenario behind the wordings, very appreciable. So it means if a person is working in two jobs and been with the same employer for at least 6 months he would be treated under category A.

Like i am working with one employer full time since 3 months and getting 1350/month(16K, approximately) and also i am working part time with another employer since 2 month getting 450/month(5K approximately), so if i wait 6 month for both jobs then i would be under category A?

will be highly appreciated

regards
Rizmir

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 am

Forgot to enter in previous thread that i am on non-salaried income in both jobs, coz i am getting per hour and hours varies months to months but mostly i am getting 50 hours in my full time job.

regards
Rizmir

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:44 am

rizmir wrote:Thanks Hopeful

I think u exposed the hidden scenario behind the wordings, very appreciable. So it means if a person is working in two jobs and been with the same employer for at least 6 months he would be treated under category A.

Like i am working with one employer full time since 3 months and getting 1350/month(16K, approximately) and also i am working part time with another employer since 2 month getting 450/month(5K approximately), so if i wait 6 month for both jobs then i would be under category A?

regards
Correct! I know the form only has space for one job, but you can details of the second job in the additional information box.

Minicko
Newly Registered

Post by Minicko » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:06 pm

SoHopeful wrote:
rizmir wrote:Thanks Hopeful

regards
Correct! I know the form only has space for one job, but you can details of the second job in the additional information box.
Lornaa2014 wrote:Hi there

I really need some advice. I recently applied for a family visit visa for my husband which was denied because the ECO said he had shown no ties to his home country apart from his employment and since his wife (me) is based in the UK they did not feel as though he would return to his home country. I am really angry and upset at this, especially as they have put us in a situation where we cannot apply again as the reasoning given is something that we can't get around (he has been at his job for 8 years which we provided evidence of, but he has no other economic ties to his country and while he does have family i.e. mom and sisters, I don't think that this would be enough to convince the ECO.)

So we have decided to cut our losses and just apply for a spouse visa (ideally, he would have liked to have visited here first but it doesn't seem as though that is going to be an option now.)

I am a recent graduate and am currently in temporary work which does not pay anywhere near enough to meet the financial requirement. I am applying constantly for jobs however while I have been invited to interviews, the roles are generally around the £16000 salary mark. I would be completely willing to work part time at the weekend to bring my salary up to the required amount, however I am unsure as to whether I could still apply after 6 months if I did so. Generally people seem to be saying that I would have to wait 12 months and apply under Category B, however I have seen two people (one on this forum I think, and one on another forum) say that they applied with two jobs under Category A and the visa was accepted.

Can anybody shed any light please as my interviews are coming up this week but if accepting them would mean that I would have to work 2 jobs for 12 months before I could apply for the visa I think I would probably be better off holding out for a higher paying role.

Any help would be very much appreciated as this whole situation is really getting me down now.

Thank you in advance

L
Hi,
I have the same problem:( I have 2 non-salaried jobs to meet the financial requirement for fiancé visa. I have been working for the same employers over the last 2 years. Am I category A or B?
Thanks in advance for the help and replies

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Minicko wrote:Hi,
I have the same problem:( I have 2 non-salaried jobs to meet the financial requirement for fiancé visa. I have been working for the same employers over the last 2 years. Am I category A or B?
Thanks in advance for the help and replies
Please start your own topic or post in yours if you already have one and refrain from digging up 3 year old topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.