ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Additional documents

Post by UK007 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi Guys, I applied for my British citizenship on 2nd February 2017. Recently I received a letter from HO regards to my first visa in the UK. First Visa was issued on December 2005, sticker on passport, Visa Type "VISA STUDENT" on Obsrv it states "No recourse to public funds, Work (and any changes) must be authorised."

On 2005, all students were allowed to work 20 hours during term time, which I did. I renewed my visa 4 times and received my ILR too, never any issues. Not sure why Now HO wants to see a evidence of receiving authorisation.

Anyone faced this kind of problem ? Not sure what to reply back to HO.

Zhonor

Re: Additional documents

Post by Zhonor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:23 pm

UK007 wrote:Hi Guys, I applied for my British citizenship on 2nd February 2017. Recently I received a letter from HO regards to my first visa in the UK. First Visa was issued on December 2005, sticker on passport, Visa Type "VISA STUDENT" on Obsrv it states "No recourse to public funds, Work (and any changes) must be authorised."

On 2005, all students were allowed to work 20 hours during term time, which I did. I renewed my visa 4 times and received my ILR too, never any issues. Not sure why Now HO wants to see a evidence of receiving authorisation.

Anyone faced this kind of problem ? Not sure what to reply back to HO.
Following on your topic, did they request specifically that u send work authorisation?

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:41 pm

yes :shock:

"Before I can proceed further with your application please provide evidence that you were authorised to work during the period above."

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:44 pm

Did u send them your 2005 student visa?

Did u work over the limit?

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:48 pm

Zhonor wrote:Did u send them your 2005 student visa?

Did u work over the limit?
they got the visa from my first passport as it was on the passport, I didn't work over limit, but on those time every Student visa used to mention on

Obsrv it states "No recourse to public funds, Work (and any changes) must be authorized."

On those time student visa condition was 20 hours term time, full time during holidays. Everyone I know, they worked 20 hours.

Not sure, what to reply to HO. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:52 pm

Yea I agree with your statement as I was also on student visa ... I've been trying to google out and see where to get this authorisation and no mention how on any website.

I'm hoping someone else with the same experience can shed some light

ija8051

Post by ija8051 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:59 pm

From your post i observed that in 2005 on your visa it says clearly that if you want to work you need to apply for this because if you see other student visa they were clearly allowed 20 hours work and was mentioned on their observations. Now home office will raise this issue that you didn't apply work as was written in your observation and you been doing work here with out applying, good character involved here.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:10 pm

ija8051 wrote:From your post i observed that in 2005 on your visa it says clearly that if you want to work you need to apply for this because if you see other student visa they were clearly allowed 20 hours work and was mentioned on their observations. Now home office will raise this issue that you didn't apply work as was written in your observation and you been doing work here with out applying, good character involved here.
I disagree as you can see from the below website

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3702

Check what your passport sticker (entry clearance or residence permit) or biometric residence permit (BRP) says. You should also have received detailed information in a letter when you received your entry clearance or BRP. You can work in the UK if your passport sticker or identity card says one of the following, or something similar:

Work (and any changes) must be authorised

Unquote

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:14 pm

ija8051 wrote:From your post i observed that in 2005 on your visa it says clearly that if you want to work you need to apply for this because if you see other student visa they were clearly allowed 20 hours work and was mentioned on their observations. Now home office will raise this issue that you didn't apply work as was written in your observation and you been doing work here with out applying, good character involved here.
Thank you for your reply. I have spoken to few people got the visa during those time & everyone had the same thing written on their visa too. Couple of them received their citizenship too. Someone telling me - it just mean doing the work which is authorised by the UKVI, someone telling me- authorisation means applying for NI. I haven't heard anything about applying for work seperatly to UKVI

Let's see if someone has faced the same issue...

sameer0778866
United Kingdom

Post by sameer0778866 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi,
Your just confusing the issue. If u went through ncs they would have only taken copies of ur passport to prove last 5 years residence in the uk. Also as u applied on feb 2017 ur only meant to give details for the last 10 years of your employment that would be from 2007-2017. What are the exact wordings on the letter as its very unclear from ur post what ukvi wants you to send them.

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Last edited by UK007 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sameer0778866
United Kingdom

Post by sameer0778866 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Also even if u were allowed to work 20 hours on ur student visa u still needed to have a national insurance number to do so. Without that im sure ur aware that u cannot get in to employment of any sort. That is what my understanding is.

sameer0778866
United Kingdom

Post by sameer0778866 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Unable to open the image :/

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:54 pm

sameer0778866 wrote:Also even if u were allowed to work 20 hours on ur student visa u still needed to have a national insurance number to do so. Without that im sure ur aware that u cannot get in to employment of any sort. That is what my understanding is.

Check if you can see the image now. Yes, I did applied for NI before working, but what sorts of evidence HO wants from me now !

sameer0778866
United Kingdom

Post by sameer0778866 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Yes i can see the image now. To be honest i have no idea what the home office wants ! :/ what do they mean by the work was authorised during the period in question ? Also why are they asking you im sure they must have all the records to find out themself. How is the applicant meant to show that he was allowed to work 20 hours or 10 hours as they never mentioned that on the visa in the first plAce .. Confused !

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:11 pm

My understanding is that you need to prove:

1. Your work was purely part-time/vacation work (e.g. no more than 20 hours per week during term time and if more than 20 hours per week, proof that it was outside term time) - so send in the work agreements
2. Your university or college allowed you to work during times of the year (policy document or agreement papers) - some colleges specifically prohibit working during term time despite what your visa sticker said and others also prohibit working full-time during vacations (reasoning is usually that you should be studying) - so try and find the policy for the university or college which you attended or a specific agreement that said you are allowed to work).
3. Copies of your visa stickers.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

ija8051

Post by ija8051 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Home office wants you to prove that you got permission from them, they not asking that you applied for NIE.So you need to prove that you ask for work from ukba not from work and pention. As i said before (GOOD CHARACTER)issue is here. I told you before your image given

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:24 pm

ija8051 wrote:Home office wants you to prove that you got permission from them, they not asking that you applied for NIE.So you need to prove that you ask for work from ukba not from work and pention. As i said before (GOOD CHARACTER)issue is here. I told you before your image given
How do you get work permission from HO at that time? It is stated that students can work 20 hours per week term time, full time during vacation and after completing their studies.

When the sticker says "Work (and any changes) must be authorised" I assume they meant if you were changing to full time employment which is not allowed for student visa holders.

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:26 pm

mulderpf wrote:My understanding is that you need to prove:

1. Your work was purely part-time/vacation work (e.g. no more than 20 hours per week during term time and if more than 20 hours per week, proof that it was outside term time) - so send in the work agreements
2. Your university or college allowed you to work during times of the year (policy document or agreement papers) - some colleges specifically prohibit working during term time despite what your visa sticker said and others also prohibit working full-time during vacations (reasoning is usually that you should be studying) - so try and find the policy for the university or college which you attended or a specific agreement that said you are allowed to work).
3. Copies of your visa stickers.
Thank you. Will try to get a letter from previous employer. College doesn't exist anymore, so cant get any letters. All I have is marksheet of my courses that time. HO has my first visa sticker from my passport.
ija8051 wrote:Home office wants you to prove that you got permission from them, they not asking that you applied for NIE.So you need to prove that you ask for work from ukba not from work and pention. As i said before (GOOD CHARACTER)issue is here. I told you before your image given
Thank you. I understand what you mean, but during 2005 there's no system of taking permission to work. All you would do is take your NI and work 20 hours.

sameer0778866
United Kingdom

Post by sameer0778866 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Rather then making assumptions i think the best thing to do would be to call them and ask them what additional documents do they require u to send. As i dont think they are asking for your payslips or how many hours u worked. They are only asking u to provide evidence that you were allowed to work in that time period. Thats al .

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:19 pm

I know atleast half a dozen people who worked part time as students (20 hours as allowed by the visa) but none of them have been asked for 'proof of authorisation'. They were all granted citizenship without any issues. They all studied/worked around the same time as the OP.

Agree with the respected member above, they are not asking for proof that you worked under 20hrs but rather that you were 'authorised to work' by the HO.

Does this have something to do with the institution you attended or the country of origin?

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:08 pm

sameer0778866 wrote:Rather then making assumptions i think the best thing to do would be to call them and ask them what additional documents do they require u to send. As i dont think they are asking for your payslips or how many hours u worked. They are only asking u to provide evidence that you were allowed to work in that time period. Thats al .
Any specific number to call them ? Do they even reply to queries like this ?
Coldwinter wrote:I know atleast half a dozen people who worked part time as students (20 hours as allowed by the visa) but none of them have been asked for 'proof of authorisation'. They were all granted citizenship without any issues. They all studied/worked around the same time as the OP.

Agree with the respected member above, they are not asking for proof that you worked under 20hrs but rather that you were 'authorised to work' by the HO.

Does this have something to do with the institution you attended or the country of origin?
I have no idea my friend. Lots of my friends came from my country during those time & got their citizenship.

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Spoke to one solicitor and he has no clue about this either :shock:

astonished

Post by astonished » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Could you update us on if you find out what they require from you for this? This is really intriguing.

nwo
Newly Registered

Post by nwo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:00 am

What you mentioned in your work history