ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about EEA Family Permit,Resident Card & EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thelittleprince
Newly Registered

Questions about EEA Family Permit,Resident Card & EEA2

Post by thelittleprince » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Dear All,

First, thank you in advance for reading my post and any help you give to us!!!

I'm doing some research on EEA family permit to join my fiance in London, and am not sure which path to go through.
Some basic info about us:
1. He is Portuguese, and I'm Chinese. We met in Boston and have been dating for almost two years.
2. I'm currently working in Boston, and he moved to work in London in March 2017.
3. We plan to get married in August this year when he comes back to visit me in Boston. I will then apply for an EEA family permit to visit him during Christmas and maybe move to London early next year.

Below are the questions that I'm concerned about:
1. For my Christmas visit, should I apply for a visitor's visa or an EEA FP? I'm worried if I apply for an EEA FP right after we get married in August, they might reject me for the reason of it's a marriage of convenience. Of course, I can provide all of our previous contact histories as complimentary documents. (Letters, Call Log, Text Messages, Photos, anything else?)

2. I'm planning to move to London next year. If the first EEA FP expired by then, could I apply again?

3. The EEA FP is valid for 6 months only, what's the best next step? Should I apply for a residence card or an EEA2 once I'm in London? Do I need to leave the country if the FP expired before I get the RC or EEA2?

4. If I apply for the EEA2, should my fiancé get an EEA1 first to prove his status in the UK? Is it better if he applies now?

5. He is considering changing job. Are we going to be out of status if he has a Gap in between job change? Say he quits before getting a new offer?

6. I know we are allowed to work with a residence card or EEA2, but are we also allowed to be self-employed? I have an online Etsy shop that I would very much like to keep running in the UK.

Thank you so much for getting through my long question list. Truly appreciate any help we can get from you. :roll:

Best

Dada