ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax credits rejected

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sweetiepie32
Newly Registered

Tax credits rejected

Post by Sweetiepie32 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Hello I am new here and I am just wanting some helpful advice where possible. Ok.... I have been with my partner for over two years we now live together I did all the things I needed to do the right way as advised by a solicitor. My partner is subject to immigration and is an overstayer his passport is out of date and he is unable to get a new one. As I said we went to see a solicitor and was advised to inform all the people that he had moved in and that this would not be a problem and I would continue to get my tax credits. I did as I was advised and now tax credits have stopped my money that I would usually receive for me and my children (children are not my partners) it's been over 7months now I have appealed when I could but am now being told I have no right to appeal and that my tax credits claim has been rejected. My partner does not work as he's not allowed to do so and all we are surviving on is my wages I get each month from my job. It's a real struggle and it feels as though I am being penalised dispite doing things above board and being honest. Has anyone got any advice on how I get my tax credits back that I am entitled to. All helpful replies are welcome.
Thank you

alphagear
inactive

Re: Tax credits rejected

Post by alphagear » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Why was it rejected?

Sweetiepie32
Newly Registered

Post by Sweetiepie32 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:09 am

Hello it was rejected because they said lack of information and because his passport is out of date but we have provided them with all the information we have and he can't get a new passport because he has no visa status.

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:05 am

I cannot believe this to be true "passport is out of date and he is unable to get a new one" Your husband should be able to apply for a replacement passport as I did when I applied for mine out of date. I had to go to the Consulate and received mine within a week at a price of £150. Contact your consulate/Embassy for further information as your Husband could not remain stateless following the expiration of his passport that will be issued at a higher cost.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:11 am

tmonaghan wrote:I cannot believe this to be true "passport is out of date and he is unable to get a new one" Your husband should be able to apply for a replacement passport as I did when I applied for mine out of date. I had to go to the Consulate and received mine within a week at a price of £150. Contact your consulate/Embassy for further information as your Husband could not remain stateless following the expiration of his passport that will be issued at a higher cost.
If the OP's partner is an overstayed with no legal status in the UK, some consulates won't renew passports without proof of a visa or permission to remain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:21 am

Thanks CR001, eventually he will have to leave the UK therefore applying for a passport to travel back home. He can always apply for a Visa from home to return to his family residing in the UK. For as long as he can show that he has an expired passport his consulate should be able to assist with his return to his County.